Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS 120ax fuel tube

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS 120ax fuel tube

Old 04-28-2008, 02:39 PM
fallingleaf
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 120ax fuel tube

Hi all. just wondering from those out there with the 120 what sized fuel tubing you are using? Manual says approximately 2.5mm inner diameter tubing but I can find an exact match. The closest is 3/32 tubing however that comes in at 2.3mm in diameter.

What does everyone reccomed for this sized engine? Putting it in a goldberg ultimate bipe. Cheers!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
kwhite.6

Default RE: OS 120ax fuel tube

I've been using 3/32 for over a year now and it works fine.this engine uses the same amount of fuel as my 61, so larger tubing is not needed.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:40 PM
fallingleaf

Great in that case I am sorted as I have a TONNE of greatplanes 3/32 tubing! How is this engine without a pump is the fuel tank is up front? I have heard it generates quite good fuel draw without a pump. Planning on using a 10oz tank with it (plenty of space up front in the ultimate for a bigger tank). Just curious about the pump in terms of if the plane ends up a lil nose heavy and have to move the tank back a wee bit!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 AM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: fallingleaf

Great in that case I am sorted as I have a TONNE of greatplanes 3/32 tubing! How is this engine without a pump is the fuel tank is up front? I have heard it generates quite good fuel draw without a pump. Planning on using a 10oz tank with it (plenty of space up front in the ultimate for a bigger tank). Just curious about the pump in terms of if the plane ends up a lil nose heavy and have to move the tank back a wee bit!

don't forget to balance with the tank empty! an empty tank will make lil to do difference in cg.... (if moved only by an inch or too..)

Steven
Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running two of the OS 120AX engine and I use the 3/32" ID fuel line with no problem. These engines are great on fuel with a lot of HP swinging an APC 17X6 prop.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
fallingleaf

Great. Are the pitts mufflers (bisson etc) good with this engine or is it better to use the powerbox muffler. I have a feeling that the powerbox won't fit under the ultimate cowel so might get the pitts one as it is far slimmer. is the engine still as reliable with a pitts in terms of back pressure, fuel draw etc?