Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pilot Logbooks?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pilot Logbooks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Dmac730

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot Logbooks?

Ok, sounds silly, but I was wondering if there is a commercially available Pilot Logbook strictly for R/C pilots? I think it would be a fun and usable tool to record your experience like flight times, simulator time, models flown, weather, location, and other such trivial information. I know anyone can make one on their computer but a nice leather-bound book would be very cool.

Don
Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pilot Logbooks?

You could always just purchase a full scale logbook. There are a few columns that wouldn't be useful, but it would work out pretty well. I personally just use a spiral notebook to record the date, flight time, weather, etc.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:52 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Spiral-bound is precisely the ticket. Started mine in 1972 and the entries over the decades make for some fun reading (and remembering) as I contemplate leaving my youth and becoming an old man (now 60).

Keep it simple! Most of my entries over the years are simply the date, weather, who (if anyone) was at the flying field with me, and which plane flew how many flights but you can always see the NEW plane as she takes to the air - the entries are much more detailed, usually for several pages.

Nice to see that others have log-books. Mine is a treasure trove of memories.

Dave
Old 05-01-2008, 02:34 PM
djr1007

It also helps you keep track of time on the engine and batteries. Since I move engines and batteries around, I number them.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:02 AM
tmulder
My Feedback: (7)

I have used both of these. The first is a log book a guy produced just for RC on ebay. Here is his email address so you can send him a note to see if he has any listed. I had to contact him to place some on ebay so I could buy.

[email protected]

I found another RC log that fit my needs better. It requires Microsoft Access databse program, however, the application is free. This is a great way to track everything RC and it is called Flight Log. Here is the website.

http://www.lammers.ca/FlightLog/index.html

Have fun!

Tom