Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR SX600 mode 1 / euro mode???

Old 05-01-2008, 04:17 PM
njfirefighter2119

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR SX600 mode 1 / euro mode???

well the problem is that my sx600's batt died due to a faulty charger. bought a new charger and charged the batt. i thought all was well. because the plane flew fine before the batt died. went to take off and couldnt. found that everything was reset. solved that problem. after i reset all settings i found out that my throttle and my elevator parts on the controls were some how switched. no idea how they got that way but they did. did some research and found out that its in mode 1 aka european mode. needs to be in mode 2. i called jr support and was told i have to send it in since there is no way that this could have happened. does anyone know how to switch it to mode 2? i feel as tho there is a way but jr doesnt want to say. any help would greatly be appreciated.

Pat
Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Flying freak

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: JR SX600 mode 1 / euro mode???

you CAN mix it

the issue is you will have your elevator with a ratchet and your throttle will always spring to half (VERY DANGEROUS)
Old 05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Red B.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Probably stick mode changes have to be done with the Tx in "service mode". This is a set-up mode for service technicians only. Your best bet is to send the Tx to Horizon for service.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:20 AM
jaka

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi!
Do I understand you right that you want to switch modes!?
This is easily done on any JR. Futaba or Hitech radio.

I assume that you want to have the left sick for throttle and side rudder...and the right stick for ailerons and elevator.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:38 PM
njfirefighter2119

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats correct i want to switch modes but from some odd reason according to jr there is no way to switch modes on this radio and that they dont know how it got switched to begin with.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Red B.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
Do I understand you right that you want to switch modes!?
This is easily done on any JR. Futaba or Hitech radio.
Then, why don't you tell us how to perform the mode change?

For some models of JR radios mode change is not an option in the user menu, the SX600 appears to be one of them.
Here is the users manual: [link=http://h1072147.hobbyshopnow.com/ProdInfo/Files/SX600_manual.pdf]JR SX600[/link]. Nowhere is it mentioned how to switch stick mode. Because it is a computer radio mode change is done by software, but the function is probably hidden in the "service menu" that is not available to the end-user. Unforunately JR won't tell you how to enter this mode.

For some older models, e.g., JR X347 and X388s, the secret is out and there are interesting functions in the service menu. For example it is possible to inhibit stick mode change, the low voltage alarm voltage can be altered, in the seven channel 347 radio channel eight can be activated by software, for helicopter use CCPM mixing can be activated etcetera. It is also possible to make a mess of the stick calibration, which is probably why JR want to keep the "service menu" for their own use only.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:18 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: njfirefighter2119

thats correct i want to switch modes but from some odd reason according to jr there is no way to switch modes on this radio and that they dont know how it got switched to begin with.

Good grief, and you want to fix it yourself? I,am not a JR user but there is no way I would ever commit that radio to flying one of my aircraft without getting it properly looked over.

John
Old 05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
njfirefighter2119

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

ORIGINAL: njfirefighter2119

Good grief, and you want to fix it yourself? I,am not a JR user but there is no way I would ever commit that radio to flying one of my aircraft without getting it properly looked over.

John
well ur right john i wouldnt either. i played with the settings more today.. then said forget it and just switched the servos so it works lol hahaha. i flew it today and it worked fine. the only thing that sucks is that the trims still dnt work that well but idc good enough for government work for now. flies great. just til i get a new radio. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=SPM6600 im lookin at the dx6I...is it a good radio? is there a way to make it compatible with the servos that i have now and just change receiver or .....? if not which receiver and servos should i get? which radio's do you guys fly with and what do you all reccomend? thks

Pat
Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 AM
jaka

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi!
I looked trough the manual...and you are right! No where is the mode change option that my JR 347 had and JR 388 have.
Strange!?
So your radio suddenly shifted from mode 2 to mode 1...???
I prefer 2,4GHz now(Spektrum DX-7). but occationally still use my 14 year old JR 388X.
Any JR is a good radio. have been using them since day one. (1980, when they first came out)
Old 05-03-2008, 12:33 PM
njfirefighter2119

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i was lookin at the spektrum dx6i but didnt know if we mervos and receiver were compatible with it or not