Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS 61 SF Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS 61 SF Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
ronerjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 61 SF Questions

I reciently purchased a plane at a flee market that has an OS 61 SF to power it. I did not realize the engine was as old as it is as it looks to be in very good condition. I am looking for some info on the engine any suggestions would be great.

1) what glow plug is reccomended?

2) what prop I am flying a 60 size biplane with the engine

3) low end adjustment - I am assuming it is the screw below the high end adjustment. do you have to loosen the 2 screws that are on the sides. it looks like it has a clamp that holds that screw in place.

4) i have read that this engine has a pump. where would the pump be.

any additional info on this engine is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 61 SF Questions

The SF-P had the pump. The pump would be on the backplate, and you'd notice it if it was there. The OS #8 plug works well with this engine. Recommended props are from 11x10 - 12-11. I would start with a 12x8 and go from there. The low speed needle is just that flat head screw on top. When you turn the screw that plate moves with it left and right. The screw will move the plate and NOT make a full rotation - this is normal. All the way counterclockwise is rich, clockwise is lean - Adjust in five degree increments.

It's a good little engine. Have fun with it!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:36 PM
R8893
My Feedback: (20)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: OS 61 SF Questions

I'm running one without the pump in a Dirty Birdy. I tried the high pitch props like Nathan suggested but did not like the performance and went back to "traditional" .60 size props. I'm very happy with an 11-7.5 on my DB. Based on my perferences I would use a 12-6 on the biplane. I use Fox R/C long in mine I'm too much a tightwad to spring for the O.S. plugs.
Chuck