Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Lights - Covers and LED's

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lights - Covers and LED's

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
snurckle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights - Covers and LED's

I'm building a TF Gold Edition Corsair. I'm planning on putting lights on it.

Strobe/Flashing on the fuselage top center - Would have put it on the front of the Vertical Stab - but not an easy task.
Wing lights
Landing light - inboard the oil cooler on the left wing.

What/Where can somebody make or buy covers for the wing tip lights.

I'd like to use LED's, and also have an Avionics background, so I could probably make my own lights, but easier to buy some premade. I'd like to be able to adjust the flashing, and I saw some that actually 'pretended' to rotate - by dimming and come back up to bright. It was pretty cool, but I can't remember who made them. (Shoulda saved the link)

Anybody got any suggestions? I don't want to hook it in to the receiver if I can help it. Will use a 3AA or 9V battery instead, but the option to connect to receiver might also be beneficial.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Lights - Covers and LED's

Try this: [link]http://www.ramrcandramtrack.com/index.html[/link]
Old 05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
snurckle

Default RE: Lights - Covers and LED's

I tried there, and I think they are expensive. Almost everything is...so I think I may be building the lights myself. 25 bucks in parts, and I'll have-

Simulated Rotating Beacon light - 4 LED's that dim-bright-dim-off- in a rotating pattern - Navigation beacon on top of Fuselage, and one on bottom (belly). The 4 LED's are placed together.

One Green, one Red LED in the wings - might go with 2 LED's at the tip of each wing, behind a clear cover, and blink between the two.

Two Landing Light LED's that operate when flaps are in down position.

All three sets of lights cost about 105 bucks through the above site, but don't do the 'simulated rotating beacon' that I am going to do. I'll create a thread in the kit building section once I figure all the parts out that I need.

Example of a [link]http://www.instructables.com/id/Virtual-rotating-LED-beacon-Rundumlicht/[/link]Simulated Rotating LED - here

That one is done with SMD LED's (Surface Mount Device) and I would prefer a high intensity LED from superbrightled.com