Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Anyone catch the DX-7 in use in National Treasure 2?

Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Anyone catch the DX-7 in use in National Treasure 2?

Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 PM
fozjared

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Anyone catch the DX-7 in use in National Treasure 2?

just saw National Treasure 2 tonight as it just came to the dollar theater (i refuse to pay 9 bucks to see a movie!) and there is a part where the technology guru "riley" is flying an rc heli (looks to be a .90 size) with the Spektrum DX-7! i was so excited, i think i pissed some people off by loudly announcing to my wife and a friend that was with us "That's my radio!!!"

anyway, just going to see if anyone else had caught that.. btw, i have heard that most movies are made quite a bit before they are released (1.5 years or so is what i heard..?) not sure if that is true, but in this instance we all know that it couldn't have been made before last january when the dx-7 was released, right? well at least that part.. also if you pay attention, you know that it is definitely not riley who is flying that heli because the thing is flying hands off and he looks away from it for several seconds at a time several times.. i guess the heli could have gyro's, but i don't know about him just jumping up and flying a .90 size heli because they need some info off of a statue.. just my opinion, who knows, this riley guy could be a rc nut just like we are! but they certainly make it seem a bit too easy. but this scene made the movie for me! if you get a chance to see it, pay particular attention to that part and you can see that it is a dx-7 it has the spektrum badge at the top of the radio if you watch closely.