Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 6EX mixing 7 servos?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 6EX mixing 7 servos?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EX mixing 7 servos?

Hello,
I'm getting the new Great Planes Cherokee, which has the option of installing 7 servos (dual aileron and dual flap) and was wondering if I could do this:

I want to mix it so that the flaps will work with the ailerons with the flip of a switch (maybe at 50% rate) for increased roll, and then I want the flaps to work simply as flaps with the flip of another switch. This is my first computer radio, so I'm not sure how this would be done, or if it could be done. There are only two programmable mixes stored in the radio, along with 3 preset mixes (flaperon, elevon, and v-tail) which I don't think can be altered.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Garfield
Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6EX mixing 7 servos?

I do not think that you can mix your flaps and ailerons as you have stated with your radio. You typically want your flaps on one channel and they deflect with the movement of a switch. If you were to mix in anything at all, it is usually a little down elevator to compensate for the climb induced by the flaps coming down. Good Luck, Dave
Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with Dave. Making the flaps move with the ailerons will not improve the roll rate because they are so far inboard that they will not have a noticeable effect on the roll.

But sometimes, lowering the flaps can cause a plane to get "Floaty" in which case it's nice to mix a TINY bit of down elevator to the flaps
Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will interject about roll rate. My SSE with flaps will roll almost twice as fast when mixing like you want to do. However, just your wings will occupy 4 of your 6 channels, leaving only two for throttle, rudder, and elevator. I have a 9CAP with 3 planes programmed this way. It took me HOURS to get it right. The best you can do is 'y' the flaps together, and leave the ailerons on their own channel.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81088.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	948584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85290.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	948585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93133.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	948586  
Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

But you are also comparing the large control surfaces and short wing of the highly aerobatic SSE to the long wing and small control surfaces of a very stable Cherokee

I mean, this isn't even apples and oranges - It's more like apples and Dump Trucks
Old 05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

But you are also comparing the large control surfaces and short wing of the highly aerobatic SSE to the long wing and small control surfaces of a very stable Cherokee

I mean, this isn't even apples and oranges - It's more like apples and Dump Trucks
That's true, Minn. That thing is a blur when it rolls!