Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ASP 108 Help

Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Dan D
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP 108 Help

Hi, I got a brand new ASP 108 that I bought around 2000.I bought a plane for it at the WRAM show, which I built but never flew , this week I advertised the plane and motor on RCU.A guy wants to buy it but does not want the motor. So pulled the new motor off and the needle valve is not there. I took it out to cut the wood where the needle valve is and painted it but never screwed the needle valve BACK INTO THE MOTOR, like a dummy, now years later I can not find the needle valve and need to get one. Does any body know where I can get one???? Or does anyone have one I can buy?I have all the paper work for part #.Any one have any feed back on how good these motors run???? The muffler looks awful small, I think a 60 size muffler is about the same size, does that mean it will be a little noisy? Thanks Dan
Old 05-13-2008, 11:54 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: ASP 108 Help

Sorry I cannot help with the needle valve but Do have an ASP 108. Have not flown it in seven or eight years now (just got bored with the airplane an eighty inch Tiger 11 on steriods) But it did reasonably well with that 13 pound airplane. At our elevation 15% fuel is norm and lesser is difficult to obtain so I found I had to run two head gaskets.

I know you are gonna ask about props but for the life of me I cannot remember (just looked at the airplane and darn there is no prop. I do beleve they were 15 inch diameter however.

The muffler is a little larger than the TT.61 Pro about 20% but you will find the outlet hole is much larger. I don,t recall the airplane being particularly noisy.

John
Old 05-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Dan D

Thanks John
Old 05-14-2008, 01:42 AM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, try Hobbypeople.net for parts for Magnum 1.08. It should be the same as the ASP. 15x8 prop is supposed to be good. I just ran in a Magnum 1.08 on test bench, and was impressed with it. It'll be a while before I get it in the air, though. Try this link to the N.V. part:
http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/281804.asp
Old 05-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Dan D

Thanks I will order one good price only $9.95. Thanks Dan