Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

spektrum range problems

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

spektrum range problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 08:38 AM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default spektrum range problems

i have a dx-7 i had one of my planes go in today. it lost signal and never recovered. it was the full range 6 channel reciever in a fiber glass fus. it was about 1500 or so feet high. Its the ar6200 one.

Has any one else had this kind of problem.

also one note to all who have the chrome monokote on thier planes. spektrum works fine with this covering but DO NOT SCUFF the covering to give it that weathered look because the spektrum will not work. this is because of the covering acting as a RF ground. i flwe this plane over 40 flights and had problems when i used a brillo pad on it to make look more scale. it was on a p-51. the plane is in one piece still but the range check only got 20-25 feet away before signal lost. swap recievers same thing. I swaped with a know good reciever. i now have to go back to 50/72mhz or recover the plane.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: spektrum range problems

First thing, yes, my students plane lost signal and was locked out for about 6 seconds with the same radio but the 8 ch RX. {{ think it was the 8}} They have fixed the lock out problem but it will still lock out for about 1 second. You need to have the TX antenna twisted over to about A 45degree angle and that helps out A bunch.
Second thing is, there is no metal in the silver covering so you better start looking for another problem?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the covering is the chrome stuff. I have flown that plane for a long time before i decided to buff it atthe field. I flew it and had aileron problems. did range check and saw it only got 20-25 feet. swap RX at the field and had same problem. Put the first RX in the swaped plane and range checked just fine. I forgot to say eariler these RX's are the AR 6100. on the coevering I used the brillo pad to scuff off the clear part of the covering down to the aluminum layer. this makes the chrome look like old aluminum on an plane.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes. rx came unbound with rx.........I picked up the pieces and nothing would work.I rebound it and every thing started working.