Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Canopy Lettering

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Canopy Lettering

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 AM
JLITZ3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canopy Lettering

I was looking for some info. on canopy lettering. I have seen some nice lettering on canopies and other parts of the airplane and some with clearcoating sprayed over. I was wondering if you could just print out some lettering and glue it to the area of desire or what the proceedure is? Thanks for any help in this department.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Canopy Lettering

ORIGINAL: Spirit In The Sky

I was looking for some info. on canopy lettering. I have seen some nice lettering on canopies and other parts of the airplane and some with clearcoating sprayed over. I was wondering if you could just print out some lettering and glue it to the area of desire or what the proceedure is? Thanks for any help in this department.
If your talking about the lettering that says "Pilot: John Smith" I always buy mine from Bad Brad Graphics online. They are made out of vinyl. Depending on the size of the letters you can cut them out but make sure you fuel proof them if your running glow. I heard in one of the forums on RCU that you can buy the paper that has a peel off back and print your own. Do a search for that and see what you come up with.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Canopy Lettering

Signs Now 098
1700-D Union Ave.
Batlimore,MD 21211
(410) 789-5030

15'ish miles from Columbia, MD. They can cut vinyl for you in most any size and color for a few bucks.

Bad Brad Graphics is great for online ordering, as is B&E Graphix, AeroGraphix and a slew of other shops that specialize in vinyl graphics for R/C aircraft.

Also in your area, you have:

Sign A Rama
6655 Dobbin Road Suite C, Columbia, MD 21045

American Sign Shop
6460 Dobbin Road
Columbia, MD

Beyond Signs
621 Mayo Road, Edgewater, MD 21037

Signs by Tomorrow USA
8681 Robert Fulton Drive, Columbia, MD 21046

Good luck with your project.

Jon