Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help getting started

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help getting started

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:25 PM
PretigeNissanMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help getting started

I live in Thomasville Georgia and am wanting to get back into flying. Anyone in the area that could offer some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ike
Old 05-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Tippie

Default RE: Help getting started

I tried to do a search for clubs in your area but none are noted. The closest club is in Tallahassee but it is a HELI only club. The best suggestion I have is for you to make a little journey to Hodges Hobbies located between Americus and Andersonville on a little side road off of GA49 (out in the county). His web site is: www.hodgeshobbies.com He has an excellent hobby shop on his farm and the shop faces a full scale grass runway. They have some sort of event just about every month on the location. June 13-14 will be Giant Scale Warbirds meet. I'm sure Mac (Hodges) will fly his B-29 which is a sight to see. If you can't find what you want in his shop you might as well give up. His prices are competitive and his advice is priceless. The only other web site you might check would be: www.gamarc.com The Georgia minature aircaft club association. They have events all year long to visit. You just missed the best one which was the SE Model Show/swap meet in Perry at the state fairgrounds. It is usually the around the last week of February/first week on March. Another place where you can find bargains on just about everything. I might mention you also missed one of the biggest Electric events in the US at Mac's flying field usually the first weekend in May. It now has 150-200 flyers and lots of vendors, a don't miss event.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:29 PM
carrellh

If you search for clubs within 50 miles of zip code 31792 you'll get 3 results.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubsearch.aspx
The Moultree RC Airplane Club is the closest. There is a phone number listed.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:54 PM
PretigeNissanMan

Thank you for the information.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:07 PM
PretigeNissanMan

Thanks for the link. I am going to see if I can make contact with someone in the Tallahassee or Moultrie area. When I was introduced to RC 30 years ago we had a hobby shop down as well as flying at the local airport.