Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

painting with rustoleum painters touch spray paint and need info on fuel proofing

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

painting with rustoleum painters touch spray paint and need info on fuel proofing

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:49 AM
chrisk1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting with rustoleum painters touch spray paint and need info on fuel proofing

I build the 1/4 scale sig floats and painted them with rustoleum painters touch spray paint. I am wondering if anyone knows what type of clear coat to use. the plane is run with a gas motor.I know that painters touch by rustoleum also makes clear coat but don't know if it is gas proof.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:43 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: painting with rustoleum painters touch spray paint and need info on fuel proofing

Go to your local auto parts store and find an automotive clearcoat. Unless it's lacquer based, it should work fine with Rustoleum, and it will be as gasoline resistant as you'll find, and also waterproof (the bigger concern since you're painting floats )

I imagine the Rustoleum clear will work, it's pretty tough paint, and you won't get that much gas residue on your floats, will you?