Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

3 d rates

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:40 AM
alansh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 d rates

Do the 3d flyers put thier high rates on one switch or , or indivual switches . E.G if you were going to do a wall you would throw the elevator high rate switch.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Flying freak

Default RE: 3 d rates

Thats going to depends on the person i know people who use 1 switch and people who use 3 switches...

Steven
Old 06-21-2008, 12:26 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get used to using seperate switches for elevator and ailerons.

WHY? For some 3D manouvres you want full throw elevator and reduced rate ailerons.

In my case I like to flat spin and by varying throttle I can get it to climb, maintain height and descend but the aileron input has to be slightly adjusted to maintain the flat spin. I can not do this with high rate ailerons.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:27 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I use three switches but rarely switch them to 3D. I have a bunch of expo in the aile and elev and don't use the low rate much. The exception would be for precision type maneuvers. For example doing a rolling circle I like the elev on high and aile on low. I also use a 4th switch for the spoileron mix. On it I use the trainer switch. Pull the switch to activate and let go for normal flying. Walls and Elevators and much cleaner with spoileron.

David
Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 AM
BillyGoat

I use three switches for some of the reasons already listed. Read an article recently from one of the big shot pilots that talked about using a single-three position switch. I'm considering giving that a try.

My flying buddy uses one switch. He's a pretty darn good pilot too... thinks I'm crazy for using three.