Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Radio info

Old 07-19-2008, 03:05 AM
windsurf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio info

Im thinking of purchasing an artf set-up with radio gear from the U.S. and wondered if anyone knows if it will be ok to use in Australia where i live. I am a begginer so do not know about the frequency etc but if anyone could shed some light then i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-19-2008, 04:43 AM
The Ghost

Default RE: Radio info

No, we use 36mhz, Unless it is the 2.4gig stuff.

Cheers
Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: windsurf1

Im thinking of purchasing an artf set-up with radio gear from the U.S. and wondered if anyone knows if it will be ok to use in Australia where i live. I am a begginer so do not know about the frequency etc but if anyone could shed some light then i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

G'day Mate,
As was stated above, we use 36Mhz, here, the yanks use 72 or 75 or whatever Mhz, will not be legal in Aus, & don't buy 2.4Ghz stuff from overseas either, it won't have "C" tick, & will not be covered by MAAA insurance if anything goes wrong & you hurt someone. And as a beginner, that is a possibility, so buy from a good hobby supplier here in Aus, like Col Taylor or Roj's hobbies, & know you are covered.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 PM
windsurf1

Ok guys thanks very much for the info - i shall go to the local model shop and have a look there!!