Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

second plane gas or electric

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

second plane gas or electric

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
lukiecoop
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default second plane gas or electric

Sam

Hello I am looking at getting my second plane and i am not sure what to get. I'm not sure wheather to get a gas,nitro, or
electric plane. If people could post links or names of some good intermidiate planes that would be great.

Thank You Sam
Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: second plane gas or electric

Well ..... there's no easy/quick answer to your question ..... since there are plenty of very good second airplanes in both nitro and electric. One good thing about electrics .... is that there may me more places for you to fly it ... thus more opportunities .... and more flying time. More flying time makes the initial learning stages a bit quicker. Bob
Old 07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
spiral_72

I'd say a gas plane is out for a second plane. Gas engines are typically much larger and need a larger plane. But you could.

Between electric and nitro, I'd say whatever your first plane was, stick with it for the second plane. It'll cost considerably less because you're probably already setup for nitro, if it was nitro or electric if it was electric.

With electric you're going to need a Triton or similar charger and several batteries. Both expensive items to purchase if you don't have them already.

With nitro, you'll need a starter, glow ignitor, power panel....etc all add up expensive if you started with electric.

Electric second planes aren't really that plentiful IMO. You really have to spend a lot to get out of the foamies. wings, 3D planes, etc.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you have for a first plane?? That'll give us a better idea what to get for a second one.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:25 PM
lukiecoop
My Feedback: (1)

Well it was a spanish plane i bought it in Spain because I was bored and wanted to fly a prop plane. I fly gliders also but right now i am into motors. I have no clue what the spanish plane is called, but the store clerk said it was a trainer plane. I have flown the heck out of this plane and right now i am getting 2 minute flights before i have to switch the battery. And my uncle is going to buy me a gas plane if I don't say anything. He wants a gas because they have longer flight time...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's one that a lot of guys are flying and, with the flying you have under your belt, you wouldn't have any trouble with it. Comes with everything you need to go flying and to get your feet wet with the electronics. It's a tough bird too. Fellow flier learned on this one.
http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_h..._super_cub.htm Has much more than 4 min. flying time too.