Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 spitfire question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hanger 9 spitfire question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
poison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 spitfire question

I'am building a hanger 9 spitfire and my question is my flaps pull in flush close to the fuselauge but as you go out towards the wing tips it is not flush a little off, I never used flaps and don't know if this will hurt anything or not I have been messing with it to see if I could make them more flush but not much luck.Also on the stabilaizer on the side without servo is just a tad off, does anyone know about these isues make my plane crash or are they no big deal?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 spitfire question

ORIGINAL: poison

I'am building a hanger 9 spitfire and my question is my flaps pull in flush close to the fuselauge but as you go out towards the wing tips it is not flush a little off, I never used flaps and don't know if this will hurt anything or not I have been messing with it to see if I could make them more flush but not much luck.Also on the stabilaizer on the side without servo is just a tad off, does anyone know about these isues make my plane crash or are they no big deal?
Well, the short answer is, you may have some trim issues, some to be addressed with the trim tabs, some with mechanical adjustments.

Should we ask if you've flown before? These don't seem like questions that would come from one whose experience included low wing sport planes. If that were the case, I'd think a better choice (for the moment) would be a sport plane with flaps, for practice.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 07-24-2008, 02:40 PM
poison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 spitfire question

Ya I've been flying for 4years this is my first warbird thow, I fixed my elevator problem I'am going to re hinge it I think I had one in a little high and that was making it off. My flaps are level towards front but just not flush as you go out I haven't used flapls before I been fly extra's, funtana, Yak, Twist, planes that don't use them. I'am using a futaba 3004 standered servo I don't know I might have to get a more high torque servo?