Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

More radio help please

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

More radio help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More radio help please

Yesterday I was getting ready to maiden my Herr extra with os .15 on it,,it should have jumped of the runway in 20 feet instead it plowed into the tall grass after a hard left...3 more attempts brought pretty much the same result, a friend showed up and on the table we discovered nailing the throttle produced full left rudder...oh my radio is futaba T6XHs heli/plane version , I think it was only made for 1 or 2 years...anyway, he says his radio has a clear on it to start over with but we cant find it with mine...at home I go through the manual and I got the rudder to stop moving with the throttle, but now the throttle wont move at all, I didnt realize that when you cleared the radio all the models were affected, I thought the model you were set on would so the throttle doesnt move on any choice (6 model memory)...I switched the throttle with the ailerons on the rx to check and the ailerons work fine on the throttle, but the aileron stick doesnt move the carb barrell so its not the servo its the tx...I tried the ATV set up but to no avail..all other functions cleared still have full servo travel......anybody?....oh there is not a function where the throttle mixes with anything, not that I can find....Rog
Old 07-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: More radio help please

First problem sounds like it was a mix that you set up the second problem sounds like a dead servo on THRO.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM
flyinrog

Ok now if I can hear from someone who actually read my thread...checked the servo its fine and I didnt program any mixes in the radio......Rog
Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you checked the end point adjustment for the throttle? If both end points are set at 0, the servo will not work. I read my manual and I see a section on how to clear a model from memory, however I do not see how to clear the entire radio. Have you tryed your throttle on another model in memory? Just a couple of my thoughts. Good Luck, Dave
Old 07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
draftman1

did you look at the futaba site for an online manual. does your radio look just like the 2.4 version? if it does then that manual will be the same. it has the 2 white buttons on the bottom left. it sounds like you had a mix going or expo, if the throttle has it or like the above said an endpoint adjustment at zero. I am assuming you have tons of r/c experiance cause of your volume of postings but I gotta ask, ok. please dont get upset, did you not do a preflight servo check? that problem should have caught your eye.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:20 AM
flyinrog

Flyin Freak, I owe you an apology,,I dont generally come across that way and it was a freak of RC...draftsman I generally check the aileron and elevator before I put the running plane on the ground....ahem, I sure hope crow tastes like chicken cause I'm gonna have to eat some...it was a bad servo,,I was at work last night when I realized that the servo I hooked to the ailerons worked from the throttle stick I switched it to and the aileron stick didnt work the throttle when I reversed them, I bought 6 new HS-81's and finished the plane up tuesday night and went to maiden wednesday morning every thing worked fine tuesday night, all I hit was tall grass?...so sorry FF...all I had to do was turn on another plane and it would have been a lot easier.....Rog
like I did this morning when I got home....
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just toss a smidge of BarBQ sauce on the crow and go flying. Glad to hear that your problems have been solved. Good Luck, Dave
Old 08-01-2008, 07:51 AM
draftman1

glad to hear it was just a servo problem, I have also forgot to do a check a few times, it usually ends in a crash. it happens, we get in a hurry or another problem has got our attention instead of saftey. I should be eating crow along with you too!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Flying freak

Glad you got the issue solved.

Steven