Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Air retract valve questions...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Air retract valve questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
v6goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air retract valve questions...

Hi and thanks for looking...

I'm not a newbie, but am new to Century Jet retracts and have installed some 90 degree rotating units into a Hangar 9 Corsair.

The supplied air kit comprises of all the usual fittings, but the valves have me a little baffled.

(see pic)

On the left is the fill chuck (brass) and fitting for the aircraft, on the right, a schrader valve (like your car)

I want to use a small 12v compressor and make a male schrader valve to fill chuck assembly to extend my compressor line and screw the fill chuck to the fill valve (left in the pic) rather than have a great big schrader valve sticking out the side of my plane.

I can't use just the left assembly (in the pic) because the fill valve isnt a valve at all, its a straight-through fitting and requires a check valve behind it somewhere. There is no way to connect the fill valve to the schrader on the inside.

Q: Having used the supplied CJM kit for your retracts, how did you do it?

Cheers

Goose
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57676.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	1003883  
Old 08-04-2008, 09:16 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Air retract valve questions...

Are you certain that the left assembly is NOT a valve. It looks just like the last Robart air retract setup that I used. Unscrew the brass fitting, and blow into the other side, and see. If you are going to use the Schroeder valve, you connect the air line to the small fitting, and don't need the other one.

Les
Old 08-04-2008, 01:57 PM
v6goose

Hi Les...

Yep, its not a valve, and thats the bit that is confusing. I would expect it to be a valve and I wouldn't have a problem.

Blow or suck, its a straight-through fitting, with a small piece of foam in it to stop debris getting in.

Might just mount the schrader valve and be done with it, but its huge and looks ugly.

Thanks for your reply.

Goose
Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...roducts_id=602
Old 08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
v6goose

Hi Steve...

Absolutely.

I have ordered one and will use the schrader valve in my compressor with a short line to the fill chuck.

(edit) Incidentally, the CJM system is 3 parts (not 2 as is mine) and the 3rd part is, not surprisingly, a check valve... which I don't have.

Thanks a lot.

Goose