Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

OS 46 FX needle valve bracket

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS 46 FX needle valve bracket

Old 05-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS 46 FX needle valve bracket

Is there a metal bracket that can be bolted to the rear of the engine to hold the needle valve ? I broke the "built in one" off (one of OS BETTER ?? ideas). Right now I have refastened it with JB Weld, but I don't know if that will hold up or not. I tried the bracket from the OS 40 FS - too small and not enough material to redrill. I "THOUGHT" the early FX engines had a metal bracket, but I can not find a P/N for it.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Stick Jammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't the needle valve part of the backplate?
Old 05-19-2003, 03:44 PM
pinball-RCU

The weakness of this part is the reason I'm now buying Thunder Tiger rather than OS. At $9 a Pop, replacing that bracket can get a little tedious. And there's no reason for it. I don't know of another engine (even OS) that uses cast aluminum for that function. I don't think there's an alternative to glue.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:18 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Campy, the following link is what you are needing to replace. I'm going to have to replace the same part as soon as I get ready to use one of my 46fx's that's sitting around waiting for a new home.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...00&FVPROFIL=++
Old 05-19-2003, 04:30 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a few of those and I can't stand them. They need to put them back in the carb where they belong. Fuel tubing doesn't work on their straight tube comging through the mount on some of them. They are just an all around pain in the tail. I see some engines come with them both ways and use what you want, unless I missunderstood the add, but OS only works that way and you can order a new carb with the needle in it for about $50 more. I won't be buying any more OS engines if they keep them mounted that way. There other good engines out there. I have a lot of OS engines and like them, but that remote mount sux.