Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

nitro cessna=182

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

nitro cessna=182

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
ccrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitro cessna=182

Has any one build the cesnna 182 50 from nitro. I have and with a 2c .51 I had to add so much weight it unreal.. If any one has had same problem, will it fly, its almost 2 lbs over the listed wt.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
TedMo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nitro cessna=182

First of all where did you have to add the weight, nose or tail? 2 lbs over what it calls for is no good something wrong there. Be more specific with your question.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
ccrump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitro cessna=182

The airplane is tail heavy. The weight had to be added to the nose. With weight added the weight of the airplane weight as 8.6 lbs. The published wt was 3100 grams or 6.83 lbs. I have added niothing that was not shipped with the aircraft. I used standerd servo and standard 4.8 battery with a futuba 6017 2.4 gig receiver. the published CG is 68 to 72 cm. With a horizon CG machine set to 70 cm I had io add 1lb 4oz to balance. As stated above there are no add on extras, just the basic aircraft that was supplied. This CMP sold bt Nitroplanes. Thanks