Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Giant Big Stick with zenoah 38?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Giant Big Stick with zenoah 38?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 07:23 PM
MarvinLoomis
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Giant Big Stick with zenoah 38?

Is anybody flying a Great Plains giant big stick with a G38 zenoah? Thinking about one but wondering if engine would be too heavy for the plane. Let me hear about it guys!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Giant Big Stick with zenoah 38?

It should carry it easy, at worst you might want to shorten the nose a bit. I have a 25 cc toro on the GP 60-90...flies very well, no bad tendencies. I should have shortened the nose more, I mounted the batteries and servos back in the tail so no dead weight was needed.....haven't had it out this year...SO MANY PROJECTS ...
Old 10-08-2008, 09:02 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No problem. I flew mine with a Fuji 32 and it could easily handle more weight
Old 10-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Flying Sukhoi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am flying mine with the Evolution 26cc - performance is pretty good. Mine is heavy - Fults nose strut, 6" tires. Two 4200ma NIMH battery packs. 9 Serovs. 18 lbs, a real tank - FUN. The EVO does pretty good with 18x10 pro zinger wood prop.
Flys on the wing not the engine for sure
Old 10-19-2008, 03:58 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

I initially flew mine with a US 41 which I am sure was quite a bit heavier than the G38. It flew great with a little tail weight added. There is plenty of wing to compensate. I now fly it with a G26 and I like it even better! Not quite as much vertical but who cares, I don't fly helicopters anyway! It is the plane that I never get tired of!

Brian
Old 10-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Springer
My Feedback: (1)

I initially installed a G-38 on mine and it was still a little tail heavy. I now have a G-62 on it with a couple of oz. of tail weight and the batteries a few inches behind the wing saddle. Both motors have electronic ignition. The G-62 will fly it straight up as long as I want. Fun but I have to make sure I don't rip the wings off it.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:03 PM
MarvinLoomis
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I did it! Bought the Giant Stick and mounted the G38 on it! Went with the trike gear, even though it says its not recommended. Mounted the nose wheel leg on the back side of the firewall. Mounted the tank over the CG and put the battery pack right under the wing mount bolts! The CG was almost perfect. Now all I got to do is wait for the weather to cooperate to get the maiden flight under my belt!! Should of started this project about a month earlier, winter weather is approaching way too fast. Don't mind the cold, but those 50 mph winds dont intice me to fly much!! Lets see some pictures of some of your sticks guys!! I'll post some just as soon as I get some taken.