Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Charging a Hobbico HydriMax Ultra NiMH 4.8V 4200mAh Sub-C

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Charging a Hobbico HydriMax Ultra NiMH 4.8V 4200mAh Sub-C

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
crazyp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging a Hobbico HydriMax Ultra NiMH 4.8V 4200mAh Sub-C

i have the Hobbico 12V DC Quick Field Charger MkII and need to charge a Hobbico HydriMax Ultra NiMH 4.8V 4200mAh Sub-C Flat Receiver Battery what can i safely. set the current adjustment dial to ian not looking for a super fast charge i just want to make sure its completly charged, and i dont mess it up. iam new to NIMH.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:19 AM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charging a Hobbico HydriMax Ultra NiMH 4.8V 4200mAh Sub-C

I think that charger (I have one in the garage) only goes up to two amps.

So charging a 4.2amp battery is going to take a couple of hours at the max setting of 2 amps. I would watch it carefully with your volt meter as well.

It would be my suggestion that if you are going to have high capacity batteries such as that you should get yourself a digital charge that can do two things:

1) Tell you the status of the charging cycle, current voltage, amp output and amp input counter.

2) A charge with a higher output capacity than 2 amps.

I have been using the Triton Jr. for a while now and it has an output of up to 5amps and provides all the data you need. It interfaces with the Equinox balancer very well as well so with those two I am very confident in my small to mid-capacity batteries.