Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

RAM machine gun sound

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RAM machine gun sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:58 PM
aglaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAM machine gun sound

I have been contemplating putting this machine gun speaker in my elder 40. I am going to power the plane with an os 56 4 stroke. Has anyone had any experience with a sound machine like this!! can you hear it over the engine and what is the sound quality?? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJDU1&P=0
Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RAM machine gun sound

What a kewl idea.

Though, I wonder how many machine guns it simulates. If the idea is to blare out some authentic sounds, then your Eindecker look alike would want the recording to be of one gun. I wonder if you'd need 8 of them suckers to do right by the Thunderbolt?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:43 PM
jetmech05

last time I was around one it was on a Zero...You could hardly hear it over the engine....
Old 10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
flyfisher431

If you go to the manufactures site you can play the sample sounds. They have a machine gun and an ww I Machine gun. Sounds like the first one is just what your looking for to go in the Jug.

Ben
Old 10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
stang
My Feedback: (1)

Save your money. They don't work. The sound is so little that everyone just laughs at you.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
aglaser

I was afraid it wouldnt be audible.. Anyone know of antoher product that would be louder?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 AM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

I also have this installed on a 50 size zero and its not all that bad , I wired two 9v in series to run it off 18v and replaced the 2" speaker with a 2 1/2" I needed some extra nose weight so it worked out just fine , on a low pass at 1/4 to it doesn't sounds pretty good , they have two versions of this a WW1 50 cail burst and a WW2 ya might want to hear them before you buy , go on there web site and you could hear it for yourself , but belive me running it off of 18v as opposed to 9v makes a HUGE ! diffrence
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
ZERO-322

I meant it DOES sound pretty good ! LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 05:25 AM
jetmech05

doubling the voltage on a product, usually lets the magic smoke out
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM
ZERO-322

Actually the instructions tell you that you...... that you can run it on 9v or 18v , running it on 9v is worthless , to maximize prefromance on this product you have to run it on 18v , you will never here it at 100 ft at full throttle no matter what you do , but on a low pass with the throttle down or if you fly electrics were engine noise is not an issue , its not all that bad a product
Old 10-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I have heard of people using paintball gun air regulators on their aircraft. I personally have not done this, but I have owned quite a few paintball guns. When there is air in the tank but not enough to actually fire a complete cycle it makes a loud machine gun sound which means you don't need to carry around a big tank of air. I've heard of this on more than one occasion, so do a search and I'm sure you'll turn up with something.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
aglaser

I tried searching for this but to no avail.. So do you think a regulator hooked up to a small bb gun CO2 cylynder would work?? anybody have any more info on this??
Old 02-24-2009, 04:57 PM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a model airplane that fires orange colored airsoft balls out of the plane on a low, diving pass with the speakers blaring a staccato machine gun sound?? And then release a talcum powder filled fake bomb on the pull away??? And then ground mounted big speakers will provide the sound for the bomb KA-BOOOOOM!!! It should be doable on a private club model airstrip........probably too much liability on an open to the public model airfield. The big TopFlite B-25 with 81" wingspan should be able to handle the load. They did a giant B-29(it has since crashed but the video lives on in youtube) with a scale X-1 rocket powered plane released in mid-flight at altitude, it should be doable with airsoft.
larry
Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 PM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RAM machine gun modular in plain language stinks. (was going to use different word but same idea) I don't remember the company but I did see a modular that was produced in Canada that had the sound of a Merlin engine which was mounted on an electric P51 Mustang. What was so great was at idle that was the sound you had, throttle up and the pitch and sound changed. The company had different engine sounds and I think they were working on other sounds also. Pilot made a low pass and right in front of pits went to full throttle, made the hair on you neck stand up it was very realistic.