Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

+ or - expo for hitec radios ?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

+ or - expo for hitec radios ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default + or - expo for hitec radios ?

hello all,

i have an older hitec flash 5 compter radio and can no longer find my instructions for it and was wondering which way to set my expo on it ? do you set it to + or - ? i have never used expo on any of my planes to date.

i want to give it a try on my pulse xt and my super sportster just to see how it reacts and to tame the controls alittle.

went to hitecs site but when i do a search it keeps coming back as sorry we could not find a match for your search.

thanks in advance for any help.

bassman

EDIT= i was able to find it on hitecs site after doing some more searching so if anyone needs it here it is =

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Manuals/Radi...5%20Manual.pdf

Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 356 Likes on 286 Posts
Default RE: + or - expo for hitec radios ?

You could have also set up an exaggerated amount of expo and seen if the servo moved a lot or a little around center
Old 10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Negative expo for Hitec and Futaba, same as positive for JR or Spectrum.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

In all Hitec Tx's computer capable (Prism 7 & 7X, Flash 4 & 5X, Optic 6 and Eclipse) Use Negative expotential to acheve a soft center stick. Be carefull as its easy to scroll so fast that it can scroll right in to positve expo without realizing and this is what you don't want.

Negative expo is also used by Futaba for soft centering. JR does the opposite and uses positive expo for soft center. I don,t know which Airtronics uses.

John
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And if you are just testing out expo, if your TX has expo on ch. 3 try giving it about +35% on your throttle. My old 7 HT had it and I started using it on throttle after trying it the first time. My Futaba 9-C has it too and it's worth the time to set it up.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:14 AM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi,

thanks for the replys, as i said i just want to play with the expo a little bit my sportster is a bit squierly in the air and the pulse is soon to be maidened, these 2 planes are both electric running strong brushless motors. the sportster flies well but is a bit wild.

plus if it turns out that i like using the expo i will try it on my H9 hellcat and maybe even my H9 B-25 will see (both are glow).

grey,

my hitec radio doesnt have expo for throttle, and i havent checked my futaba 7C 2.4 yet.

again thanks

bassman
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bassmanh

hi,

thanks for the replys, as i said i just want to play with the expo a little bit my sportster is a bit squierly in the air and the pulse is soon to be maidened, these 2 planes are both electric running strong brushless motors. the sportster flies well but is a bit wild.

plus if it turns out that i like using the expo i will try it on my H9 hellcat and maybe even my H9 B-25 will see (both are glow).

grey,

my hitec radio doesnt have expo for throttle, and i havent checked my futaba 7C 2.4 yet.

again thanks

bassman

Expo on the elevator makes just about any airplane a bit easier to fine tune on final approach. Less twitchy, because the expo slows the elevator throw around neutral, right where you need it to be less quick.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I don't use Expo my planes are all over the sky. When I set up one of my old students first stunt planes for him with his new DX7 I forgot about my Futaba Expo being minus and the DX being plus, I set up all my planes with A starting Expo of -45%. I must say, that little plane was A mite twitchy. After I set it up correctly it was A very pleasent little stunt plane.[] Last week I was flying with A JR 9303 and that manual throttle trim switch about kicked my Mule!!