Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Horizon Price Increase

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Horizon Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:04 AM
barnstormer2
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizon Price Increase

Hi, does anyone know the reason for this major price increase.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Price Increase

Not really but shocking, isn't it!!!! I'm even more upset about them no longer importing some of the planes and equipment. The dollar has been down on the world market so prices have gone up on A lot of stuff. The prices have gone way up on Towers stuff too but nothing like Horizon. I tried to get the Funtana 100 but it's now A thing of the past. It was 219, now the 50 is about 260, go figure.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Only Horizon could explain their reason, but if I had to guess it is because inflation is currently running at 10 year high this year around 5%, the dollar is weak compared to the countries where we get much of our hobby merchandise, and I'm sure sales volume are down too. All of this drives prices up.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
barnstormer2
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah, You gotta wonder if their executive officers are sitting around a conference table trying to determine how much disposable income we have. I don't have a problem with a price increase considering the state of things.....BUT $100 DOLLAR INCREASE! on sum items. I'm not here to vent, but it gets to me and i wanted to see what your thoughts were.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 PM
macdona
My Feedback: (3)

You haven't noticed that the price of every thing is up? My groceries, taxes, power bill, telephone bill, what hasn't gone up?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:20 PM
oldvet70
My Feedback: (10)

You know the Chinese have to pay for the Olympics somehow!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 PM
draftman1

I really dont think the horizon exects are trying to figure out how to gouge us. Infact, I bet there a little worried that there sales will be down due to people having less disposable income to spend on hobbies. Everything is up, there inventory costs more along with there electricity and payroll and insurance etc. Tower has increased alot also, somethings as much as 25%. Get used to it. prices cant stay the same forever. If things dont get better quickly, alot of fun type businesses will be gone.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Live Wire

When people get to lazy or what ever to build the planes . the Cents becomes a dollar. You can believe that the people that build these ARF'S are getting smart and learning what we the hobby will pay so we the hobby people that want ARF'S will pay for them or start Building again. Money is where you find it and this is the place where money means nothing but go for the sky and spend what you can afford
Old 11-03-2008, 08:40 PM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

I don't think ARFs are to blame, if anything, they help keep prices down. There is plenty of ARF competition to keep prices in check. Heck, I still can't build a plane for what most ARFs sell for. I still build, but it is not to save money. As for the ARF lowing the cost of our merchandise, take away the ARF, and many would quit flying because they can't or won't build. Lack of skill, time, etc. Losing pilots would lower demand across the board, which means companies need to increase cost to cover their R&D and lower volumes, driving all prices up.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a major post started on this subject alreay , just go the the arfs section