Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Swap meets-worth the trouble?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Swap meets-worth the trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 PM
k3 valley flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swap meets-worth the trouble?

I am going to a swap meet this week end because I am out of room, to many airplanes. With the economy doubt if I sell anything, but was wondering what others think is best way to sell excess equipment? Swaps, RCU, in the club? Do you sell planes with engine and electronics together or break them up? I know that if one gets 20 to 25% of new $ you did good. Perhaps should keep them and fly the "disposable" ones way beyond the edge of the "envelope" until I rekit them. I don't mind crashes, even my own, as long as they are spectacular.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Swap meets-worth the trouble?

It's a crap-shoot. Some items will sell better complete, but most you'll get more for individually.

Like you said, Swap Meets are a good place to get rid of stuff that's taking up room. You don't get much return on your dollar, but then, you can also pick up a lot of good deals... That you don't have room for
Old 11-03-2008, 03:53 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do what I do... sell all of the stuff you brought then immediately spend the money you just made on stuff others are selling.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be willing to barter, everyone wants a deal. be willing to part it out. remember, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. in other words, don't get stubborn about your price, that guy may not come back!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might take your planes completely assembled but take along some tools so you can pull out an engine or servos or something in case somebody wants items separately.