Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Redo paint on yellow arrow on F18C

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Redo paint on yellow arrow on F18C

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 04:00 PM
552transco
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redo paint on yellow arrow on F18C

Gentlemen,

I am finally getting around to fixing the arrow on the bottom of my JL F18 and was wondering how to prep it. As you can see from the picture, the factory painted the entire doors yellow. I need to repaint part of the doors blue. I know the paint will probably not match but it will be better than what it is now. I will be using a spray can of Blue Angel Model Master Paint.
My question is should I just paint over the existing paint or should I rough it up with something like 400 grit sandpaper or remove the existing paint altogether and start from scratch.
Since I have very little knowledge when it comes to painting, I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks for your help,

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90906.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1065543  
Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Redo paint on yellow arrow on F18C

since you're painting a dark color on top of a lighter color..I'd rough it up with sandpaper...clean it with alcohol..tape it off with that new green tape it's called turtle tape I think..great for painting won't let the paint seep under the edge...and use very light coats
Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
552transco
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Redo paint on yellow arrow on F18C

Thanks jetmech05, you are the greatest. I posted this in the jet forum on 10/30 and didn't get any responses. I should have put it in this forum to begin with.
Thanks again, I appreciate and will take your advise.

Wayne