Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Big Stik History.

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Big Stik History.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 PM
ec121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big Stik History.

I have a Stik biplane. 72" wings with a Quadra 40cc gasser for power. The cabane struts plug into the top side corners of the fuse. A buddy put a rounded top and cockpit on the square fuse. Now it looks like some old WWI fighter with a round vertcal stab.. I tell people it is a Fokker D7.5.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:01 PM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the ball links because there is no slop. I watch these after the end of the flight day. Tonight I had 3 flights with no problems and I am definately going to take out the aileron expo and move it to 50%. The tank is the original one that came with the kit and has the gas converted stopper. I am a fan of gas in your tank is time in your tank. Airplane flies great and I am still sorting out the flapperons and elevator throw when the flaps are extended. I am using an APC 16x8 prop and it is fast. I am having issues getting the plane to slow down on landing even when pulling the throttle down to idle on downwind. The plane just floats and floats. However with the elevator expo dialed in she lands very nice when she finally "LANDS". lol

Well we are getting acquainted and this will be my utility airplane when I am not flying my giant scale stuff.

Glenn
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

The APC because of it's weight and flywheeling effect aids in giving a nice low idle, but really lugs down the little G20 so I only use wood prop, plus they are a lot more forgiving in the event of an unscheduled prop strike. Try a wood Hawk or Xoar 16x6 and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Karol
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Has anyone ever used a Throttle to Rudder mix on their Big Stik instead of adding some engine right thrust offset to compensate for engine torque, and if so what percentage of rudder mix did you use.

Karol