Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Magnum 30 problem

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Magnum 30 problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 04:17 AM
DeadAssJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum 30 problem

I have a magnum 30 thats brand new and ran perfectly the first few times i ran it, but now for some reason, it wont transition all the way up, & occasionlly when i fly it it will take off at full speed then drop about to half throddel of so,after i get off the ground and i have to land it. I caint
seem to find any air leaks or anything obvious that is wrong with it. I did goof up and roll the plane on first flight do to reversed ailerons but very little damage was done to the LT- 25 trainer. As a matter of a fact i only had to basicly reinstall the wing and wipe the dirt off the prop. The plane flys very slow with this engine now
but the first flight was made under half throddel & was more than enough power, before the crash of course. I've had several people who are fairly good at setting these engines up at our flying field & they cannot understand it neaither. Any ideas?
Old 05-31-2003, 04:59 AM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The only thing I can think of is you might have a very small hole in the fuel tubing, might only leak when the plane is at a certain angle or the tank is getting pressure at full throttle then causing it to run lean and die down.

Dauntae
Old 05-31-2003, 10:24 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking too lean as well. If others attempted to straighten it out for you and it didn't help, pull the tank and change all the fuel lines. It could be that the crash jammed the tank forward causing a small split or leak to develop.

Only other thing I can think of.... When you "planted" it, and wiped off the dirt, was there dirt in the carb? If so, you should have pulled the engine apart and cleaned it before you even turned it over. A little dirt sucked into the engine can pit and score the sleeve causing loss of compression, substantially reduced power and lousy runs.
Dennis-
Old 06-01-2003, 12:02 AM
DeadAssJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks fellas, may be the small hole by clunk or something like that, there didnt seem to be any dirt on or near the engine that i remember, but u have an important point. I will check it all out in the mean time I have another question. I have noticed that the needle for adjustment seems to be a bit looser "maby" than it was before & seems to loose a small amopunt of fuel, could this be related to the problem? It dosent appear to be bent as the case was once before on my Saito 56, but replacing the needle & gaskets repaired it.
Old 06-01-2003, 01:18 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leaking fuel around the needle valve could be the problem. Check the "O" ring for cracks.

You might be able to put a piece of fuel tubing around the needle valve where it screws into the carb. May help.
dennis-