Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

K&B .20 break in

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

K&B .20 break in

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 07:25 AM
TheDoughboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B .20 break in

Hello,

I just nabbed myself 3 used planes and some gear. The plane I am messing with first is a duraplane that has a .20 K&B that is new, never run. I have pulled the rear cover and it looks good inside. I have searched for the K&B break in recomendations but no luck.

I have read other break in procedures but am now only confused on how to approach this. Break in on bench or in the air? 4oz of fuel or up to 1 gallon? Run it rich, don't run it rich? Keep it under 4000rpm, keep it under 6000rpm. And the list goes on.

After reading all the different ways and tips I could use a little help in deciphering the info.

TIA

Ron
Old 06-03-2003, 06:31 PM
tag-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B .20 break in

Check out the website for K&B at
www.mecoa.com.

They have the manuals online for these engines.
They do take quite a bit of time to break in. More than most engines but they seem to last forever.