Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Midwest Aerogloss

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Midwest Aerogloss

Old 12-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Trax540
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest Aerogloss

Does anyone know if Midwest is not making there 3.5oz bottles any longer. Im having trouble finding them in anything other than Sanding sealer or Thinners. Colors are all 1oz.
Ive tried looking on there website but theres no finding for anything.

Any info or links to where i can find a good selection would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-18-2008, 09:21 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Midwest Aerogloss

I found Yellow http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAU50&P=SM and am still looking for others.
I'm having trouble getting the Midwest catalog to download http://www.midwestproducts.com/pdf/P...talog_2008.pdf
Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Trax540

Yes i also saw the yellow in 3.5 i was hoping to find a large selection of any other colors. Folker red, black, olive drab, ect..
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 AM
bruce88123

I wanted to check the Midwest catalog but I just can't get the site to open all the way. There is an 800 number there though that you could call and ask them. They have a Sloooooooow server I guess.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trax540

Does anyone know if Midwest is not making there 3.5oz bottles any longer. Im having trouble finding them in anything other than Sanding sealer or Thinners. Colors are all 1oz.
Ive tried looking on there website but theres no finding for anything.

Any info or links to where i can find a good selection would be greatly appreciated
Since I have not used Aero gloss "dope" since a kid, back before dirt, I don't know anything about it anymore. Here is the place to get the best dope you will ever want.
http://www.brodak.com/ Brodak has - in conjunction with Randolph - developed a "dope" that is far better and less expensive than any other ever produced. As with any dope, you will need some Retarder and some thinner, but if you want dope finishes, Brodak is the place to go. (No, I am not involved with the business, but I still like dope finishes.)

Now Brodak dopes are regular butyrate dopes. They are NOT compatiable with Aero Gloss but will mix with other butyrates. The filling and working with Brodak has for me been a revelation. I used Sig, Randolph (Sig repackaged) and a couple others throughout the years. Brodak is the best ever.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Trax540

Hossfly ive never heard of that company before but they have an outstanding selection of colors. Im definitly going to give it a try.

Always appreciated thanks for the info
Old 12-19-2008, 05:44 PM
bruce88123

I finally got through on the Midwest site. They only offer Yellow and Olive Drab in the 3.5 ounce bottles plus the thinners and stuff you already know about. Sorry.[]
Old 12-19-2008, 09:12 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Like Hoss I too gave up on Aerogloss years ago and even thought Midwest was defunct but perhaps not. But anyway as also indicated Brodaks has been around a long time now and is a top controlline cottage industry supplier although now prehaps not so much cottage industry any more and you will not go wrong on their selection dopes.

John