Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Lateral balance Extra 260 .90

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Lateral balance Extra 260 .90

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lateral balance Extra 260 .90

Hey gang, I`ve built several kits and have a several ARF`s . Just put together a Seagull Extra 260 . 90 with a ASP 1.20 four stroke . By moving the battery towards the rear , balances with no extra wieght, but to get lateral blance it takes 2.1/4 oz, of lead out on the left wing tip to balance.
I have never had to add anywhere near that much weight , maybe a 1/4 oz at the most on other planes. Hmm wonder if some left a pair a pliers or screw driver in the left wing. [] Just kidding, but this seems like alot. I perfer to kit build as you can tweak as needed , but I gave a $165.00 for this plane, now way I can build it as cheap. The rest of the plane is very decent for an ARF . Is this a common occurance ?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:59 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Lateral balance Extra 260 .90

Common? No.

Occasional? Yes.

Could be a new guy built the RH wing and used too much glue, or heavier wood (or left a screwdriver in there).

Just add the weight and try not to think about it.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lateral balance Extra 260 .90

thanks Mike . I was just trying to save as much weight as possible , since the 1.20 is a little hefty. I also bought the Seagull 540 edge. 90 and am going to weigh each wing panel , just in case.