Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR Servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 08:34 PM
Banshee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Servos

I just bought some new 527 servos from JR. I seem to be having problems with them though. I installed them into my 4* and they always seem to bind when moving the control surfaces, and also are unable to re-center themselves. I thought that this was a problem with my push rods not being smooth enough, so I worked quite a bit on getting things moving a lot smother. It improved the situation a bit, but it is still not satisfactory. I had a pair of old 507 servos that were in my trainer and tried them out. They did the job just fine. Looking at the specs of the servos, the 527 is a 43 oz inch of torque, and the 507 has 40 oz inch of torque. The 527 servos can't even handle the control surfaces in my trainer. So it looks as if I will have to send these servos back and buy some better ones.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience this, what I could do for a work around, and what JR servos you would recommend.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:12 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default JR Servos

I've had nothing but good luck with JR 'Standard' servos...yep, you should send them back - IF they do the same thing when nothing is connected to them.

Jerry
Old 06-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Banshee

Default JR Servos

I have also always had good luck with JR stuff. Hence the reason that I have a JR radio, and will eventually replace it with a better JR radio.

The servos seem to work find not connected to anything, or moving a throttle or something really easy like that. But moving a control surface is a different story they just seem to sit there and groan for that last degree of rotation, and I'm worried what will happen when it is trying to deflect the control surface in flight. I am not deflecting the surface so far that it is binding on something as it does the same when I turn down the throw to 50%.

I also don't understand why my older 507 servos seem to do the trick just fine, their specs are very similar, but the newer 527s have a higher torque rating.
Old 06-08-2003, 03:28 AM
slapshot
My Feedback: (15)

Default JR Servos

I will agree with tailskid, had great luck with JR servos.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Banshee

Default JR Servos

Well I'm going to take it out to the field and have some of the other club members check it over. Maybe they'll find something I'm not seeing.