Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Kits sitting in the box...

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kits sitting in the box...

Old 01-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Sandmann_AU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kits sitting in the box...

Now I know why there's so many "new old kits from deceased estates" on ebay.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When I die my wife will be rich from selling all my unbuilt kits on Ebay....or she will not make much if she sells them for what I told her I paid for them
Old 01-17-2009, 11:21 AM
metaldriver

I see I am not so bad now. As I only have about 20 or so kits and close to the same number of plans. But the plastic stash is in the 500 kit range. However I was giving this thought by my lady. He who dies with most toys did so because his wife killed him. Boy I hope she,s not serious,,,,,
Old 01-17-2009, 01:30 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When I listed my kits laying around, I forgot about all the towline gliders and rubber model kits I have
Old 01-17-2009, 07:51 PM
squeakalong
My Feedback: (8)

ALL RIGHT GUYS!!!!!.....which one of you told the bride about my latest kit sneak-in the-house escapade?? She hasn't said anything yet but the delivery man just delivered this large plastic igloo looking thing for the back yard and I thought I heard him say something about a big dog......we don't have a big dog.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I just wish all the kits I run across were bigger ! I hate passing up those 40-60 sizers...but I have gotten spoiled with bigger projects.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:02 AM
larrysogla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Approximately 30 RTF foam electric airplanes in the boxes and 10 fiberglass and balsa ARF in their boxes also. Too many to be built and flown yet. Some are duplicate airplanes and some are even triplicate airplanes. I stopped now because it is already crowding my space. Dozens of brushless motors and glow engines NIB and waiting to be mounted and flown. Have enough now to last a lifetime of careful flying. I still get the urge to buy more especially giant scale and gasoline engine but really there is no excuse to buy another one unless it is a temporary disconnect from reality. God Bless, always.
larry.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Sandmann_AU

You guys really don't know how lucky you've got it there in the US... finding a kit here is like finding rocking horse dung... the LHS's don't keep them in stock coz everyone's buying ARF's but they'll order then, assuming the distributors have them. Of course the (three or so) distributors in the entire country don't get them in for the same reasons, and people like Tower etc don't want to know about shipping boxes that big overseas... same goes for most US ebayers. When I picked up my Skybolt kit I got it at a (pretty good) discount coz it was the last kit they had on the shelves, and it had been gathering dust for over three years.

I'm thinking of approaching some US distributors/manufacturers to see if they'll let our club do a bulk order of stuff the Aussie distributors won't carry, get all the club members to order & pre-pay... will hopefully save a little on shipping in bulk and maybe even get cheaper prices. Technically it'll do the local retailers & importers out of some trade but if they won't or can't get what we want then why should we continue to support them? I've never liked being told what I can have just because it's convenient for the merchant.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

I'm all for you doing something there Matt....I feel for ya.....most of my kits lately have come via RCU or Flee-Bay.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Tango Juliet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently added the Ultra Sport 60 to my "To Build" list of kits in the shop.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Kelsey_B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As kits started vanishing, I found myself wanting the older kits that I built in my youth. I now have the following.

GP Big Stik 60
GP US 60
GP US 1000

Royal Corsair, P-38, Bearcat, and Zero.

Direct Connection F-18 (I don't know why)
Old 02-11-2009, 07:03 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My box current collection is

Top Flite P-51B Mustang Anneversary Gold edition (kit started but shelved for my current project)
Top Flite P-51D Giant Scale
Sig Somthin Special
Royal B-25
Royal A6M
Royal 1/8 scale Corsair
Royal 1/5 scale Corsair
Royal Staggerwing
Royal P-38
Royal Cessna Skymaster
Great Planes AT6

Scott
Old 03-08-2009, 09:08 PM
wyunk386

i am looking for plans 60 size telermaster emial [email protected]
Old 03-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 135 Likes on 115 Posts

I have only five unstarted kits:

An "Exact Scale" Fokker DVII; a Topflite Harvard (AT6); a Stampe Monitor; a Senior Telemaster and a Decathlon ARTF.

HOWEVER, I ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING;

Awaiting repair;

Chris Olsen "Uproar"
Flair Baronette and Puppeteer
Acrowot
Precedent T240

Incomplete

These were either bought off eBay or from some other website, given to me, or increasingly with the greying of the hobby, bequeathed to me;

Flair Magnatilla and Hooligan
Morane Saulnier Type N
Brian Taylor AT6
Super Buccaneer
Super Sixty
Unowot
And another Flair Pupetteer

Airworthy

Radio Queen
Telemaster T40
Mini Telemaster
Senior Telemaster ARTF

Perhaps I ought to have a sale!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A Bunch!!!!!, and I'm not going to count them either. My lovely Bride normally finds a new one for me for Birthdays, Anniversarys and Christmas, so I don't have the need to sneak them into the house. She also attends Top Gun with me (the whole event), so she's definitely a keeper. She encourages me in the hobby. I still don't want to know how much I've got tied up in the hobby, but it's probably more than I paid for my first house and car. [:@] Most of them are either Warbirds or Waco's. I have the last Aerodrome Hawker Huricaine that Dick Watz had, and I probably will keep it as an unbuilt kit.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

This is absolutely hilarious . I made this post thinking people would come out and say finish what you have before buying more, and here I am thinking I need to buy more kits!
Asking us if you need more kits, is like asking a bunch of drunks if they need another drink. Of course we're going to tell you your need "another one".
Doug
Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Ram Jet

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

A Bunch!!!!!, and I'm not going to count them either. My lovely Bride normally finds a new one for me for Birthdays, Anniversarys and Christmas, so I don't have the need to sneak them into the house. She also attends Top Gun with me (the whole event), so she's definitely a keeper. She encourages me in the hobby. I still don't want to know how much I've got tied up in the hobby, but it's probably more than I paid for my first house and car. [:@] Most of them are either Warbirds or Waco's. I have the last Aerodrome Hawker Huricaine that Dick Watz had, and I probably will keep it as an unbuilt kit.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

I got into this mess (and still am) with plastic sratic scale models. I would say "I'm a builder, not a collector." and would scoop up old kits I built when I was a kid from guys who realized that they weren't going to live long enough to build their inventory. Now I'm the old guy. Is there any professional help for us with this affliction?

Bill
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
7aso
My Feedback: (27)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: saramos

My box current collection is

Top Flite P-51B Mustang Anneversary Gold edition (kit started but shelved for my current project)
Top Flite P-51D Giant Scale
Sig Somthin Special
Royal B-25
Royal A6M
Royal 1/8 scale Corsair
Royal 1/5 scale Corsair
Royal Staggerwing
Royal P-38
Royal Cessna Skymaster
Great Planes AT6

Scott
Nice Royal collection you have there. Here's mine:

From top to bottom left to right,

Royal Ki-61
Royal Ki-43 (old Marutaka box)
Royal BF-109E3
Royal P-51D
Marutaka F6F-3
Marutaka BF-109E4
Marutaka FW190A
Marutaka F8F
Marutaka A6M5
Royal P-38

All Sr. kits.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86217.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1156149  
Old 03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
carlosponti
My Feedback: (1)

new great planes ultrasport 60 and champion models hammer 40. sold my sig four star 60 kit.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have probably 50 kits and 40 some odd flyable. Way too many. I had to build a big shop to put them all in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91947.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1156193  
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ram Jet

I got into this mess (and still am) with plastic sratic scale models. I would say "I'm a builder, not a collector." and would scoop up old kits I built when I was a kid from guys who realized that they weren't going to live long enough to build their inventory. Now I'm the old guy. Is there any professional help for us with this affliction?

Bill
Professional help? Sure, you can hire a big ol truck to bring you lots more! You can hire someone to help you build more of them. You can even send me some of them, I have a little more room. And the living room is fairly empty, as is the Florida room....... I'm a builder too, and I still think I've got enough time left to build them all. I started out with the Strombecker solid models (that's where the signature line came from) and then to Megow and Comet kits. Then I discovered America's Hobby Center, and the bank account hasn't been the same since. I started in 1949.

Bill, Waco Brother #1
Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 PM
sledge_78
My Feedback: (24)

Hey guys,

You know the wives read this thread and you've all now told them everything. What were we thinking? I feel we will hear about our booty of kits. You know how it goes " So, how much did that cost?" How did you pay for that? Then, the ultimate " You know my mothers coming to stay for a few months, and she'll need that room cleaned out".

We can't have these threads where we reveal everything!

Sledge_78
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
dhal22

ORIGINAL: FLYBOY

I have probably 50 kits and 40 some odd flyable. Way too many. I had to build a big shop to put them all in.

beautiful scenery, is your building sinking?[X(]
Old 03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Kemosobie

1939 Megow Commander
Mid 60s Flying Fool, Yak 9, Ringmaster (all sterling kits)
Stream Schneider 60 float plane

Old 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM
Robinaire
My Feedback: (23)

Sorry Bill- you've had it!! it's incurable! from one who knows! But I did get rid of a bunch of kits several years ago, and am building the fuselage of a Sterling Stinson Reliant that I've had for at least 35 years!! Lee Robinson Will be 86 on 3/21.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.