Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Eagle 63 gc location

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Eagle 63 gc location

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM
trainerjock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eagle 63 gc location

I have a Goldberg Eagle 63, in beautiful condition, that was built and flown by my late father-in-law. It has on OS 40FP in good condtion, S148 servos, that I am replacing with a new receiver and S3004 servos, so stock configuration. Can someone tell me the cg location to balance the airplane? Also a good idea on the amount of throw on the controls?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
rathmn

Default RE: Eagle 63 gc location

I am pretty sure the eagle 63 and eagle 2 are the same airplane.

You can download the manual for free. Here is the link:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/gbg/gbga0056-manual.pdf

Make sure you balance the airplane lateraly also. I have one and it will make that first flight much easier.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 PM
trainerjock

Thanks! I really appreciate your response. I always balance my planes laterally. In the beginning I didn't and it usually took all the trim available just to get the plane to fly reasonalbly straight. It didn't take me long to learn that trick!
It will be nice to get this old bird flying again in memory of the great guy that built it!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I built and learned to fly RC with the original. Fond memories of the experience. Mainly the build. That was back in 1984. I was 14 years old. I will always have a soft spot for the design and the club field that taught me to fly.
Do yourself a favor and get a Sky Tiger as well. Just a low wing Eagle. Another great design.