Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Assan X8u 2.4Ghz Module for any PPM radio

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Assan X8u 2.4Ghz Module for any PPM radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:02 AM
cap231ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assan X8u 2.4Ghz Module for any PPM radio

I am interested in the Assan X8u 2.4ghz module to convert none module PPM radioes and before I spend hard earned cash would like to know if it works and if so how good does it work.I saw a video on you-tube that had a man testing 4 brands spektrum, fasst, corona, and assan. Both spektrum and fasst use 2 signals but the other two use 1 , so what I have heard so far. If some one has thiss product I would like to know all there is to know good and bad before I make a purchase and how it acts with other radios {spektrum, fasst,ect}. Any useful information would be apresheated.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
lucasavaitor

Default RE: Assan X8u 2.4Ghz Module for any PPM radio

Can you give the link for that video?
Thanks!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
cap231ex

It is on YouTube and is a Bitish gentleman but he has some very good measuring devices ,I don't know all about what he says but you get the understanding after watching all 4 (four) videos.The adderess is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx3Ns...eature=related hope it helps. Cap231ex
Old 04-28-2009, 05:10 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see hoe a module system will work with a non module tx with out some modification to the rf board which is illegal unless you are a licensed technician
Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM
cap231ex

It probably is but it is a cheap and easy way to go 2.4GHz if you fly at an unpopulated field. In my case it was not the way to go,I fly at AMA HQ in Muncie, Indiana,and at times there are many planes up at the same time . Anyhow I fly large scale and jets and could not take the chance of getting locked-out and loose aplane do to an cheap rsdio. The signal streaghth is about half of what Spektrum,Fasst,or Airtronic,infact Airtronic is the only 2.4Ghz system that has not had ANY problems,but if you can wait tell July Hitic is going to intro. they'r new 2.4Ghz system and is 9ch and cheaper then JR 9ch. Cap231ex