Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

spektrum dx7 and reciver ar500 PROBLEM!

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 PM
costarican_pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default spektrum dx7 and reciver ar500 PROBLEM!

I got my reciver ar500 today at my local hobby shop.. i get back so happy that i dind do my homerwork and went straight to the garage. the problem is..... on my mustang 46 size i have 5 servos( futaba s3003 and one s3004) the battery is futaba . and the swicht 2! well to be more clear... i justI could not bind my ar500 to my dx7. when im doing the biding procces the reciver comes on flasing like is supposed to be. after awhile the reciver stop of flashing and comes SOLID. MY RECIVER IS BIND I UNPLUG THE BIND PLUG AND TURN OFF MY RECIVER.. then i turn it on again whit the servos install and the reciver just star flashing agian ... can some one tell me whats the problem? can the futaba swich make the bindig to faild? i change the swich to a MPI. AND TRY AGAIN BUT HAPPENS THE SAME.. my dad have his cessna 172 whi a mpi swich and futaba servos whit a SPEKTRUM RECIVER AND works perfectly! what do you guys think?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
ChuckW

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: spektrum dx7 and reciver ar500 PROBLEM!

The problem is that you are connecting the bind plug to the Futaba switch. The third wire isn't connected to anything so the receiver isn't recognizing the bind plug. You can still bind it easily though. I do it all the time with non-spektrum switches.

Take the battery/switch plug from the batt/bind port and stick it in any other channel. Now put the nind plug in the batt/bind port and bind as normal. then remove the bind plug and put all the connections back normally.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:09 PM
costarican_pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

mmm can you explain that better please! and thank you
Old 03-24-2009, 10:24 PM
ChuckW

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Maybe the pictures will make a little more sense. I know it isn't the same receiver but it's the same sort of thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47613.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1165634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65178.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1165635  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:34 PM
costarican_pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thank you a lot..... !! i just do that and well the recivre go on solid , when i take out the bind plug and turn off the reciver and when turn on again the reciver goes to binding procces again.. i dont know whats wrong i have 4 more planes whit the ar7000 and the ar 6200 this is my first ar500 and but never i had any problem on the bind process..! something that i notice when i unplug the servos the reciver goes on BLACK NO LIGHTS when i plug them they sound like urrrrrrrrrr but they dont work when moving the transmitter!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:44 PM
carrellh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can you get a Spektrum switch to do the binding? If you can, and it still has problems, the receiver could be defective.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:08 AM
ChuckW

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: carrellh
If you can, and it still has problems, the receiver could be defective.
I agree, sounds like something not right with the receiver. I'd also try to contact Horizon. They've always been really helpful. Maybe there is something unique to binding the AR500 they can tell you.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:39 AM
AviationNut

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you don't turn off your transmitter as well, the receiver will think it had a "brownout" and blink to let you know. This may be confused with the binding "blink." Otherwise, I'd say either your switch is shorting the signal line to ground or your receiver is bad.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
costarican_pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ey guys... thank you for your help i got my reciver bind whit my dx7!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
brainox

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: costarican_pilot
my dad have his cessna 172
hello, is this Cessna 172 from Skyartec? also, is it some sort of trainer plane if you want to fly the [link=http://www.twift.com/RC%20Toys%20&%20Hobby/Cessna%20182%20Skylane%20-%204%20Channel%20RC%20Plane.html]4ch Cessna Skylane 182[/link]?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:06 PM
skyrip69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: AviationNut

If you don't turn off your transmitter as well, the receiver will think it had a ''brownout'' and blink to let you know. This may be confused with the binding ''blink.'' Otherwise, I'd say either your switch is shorting the signal line to ground or your receiver is bad.

I think I am getting a brown out too! Everytime I bind my ar500 with the extra bettery or the speed controller battery it binds just fine and then I go to put a new battery in and I get a soft bind or a brown out,,,usually I have to pug it in 2-3 times for it to bind... The first time it hunts when I power the receiver,,,I heard from the guys at the field that everyone has problems with the ar500 binding and staying binded and no one uses them at the Vegas field anymore,,,People even tell me make sure you don't use an ar500 on your new plane,,and things like that,,I think that horizon must know of some issues,,,,,

I have 2 ar500's one binds fine and the other one is hit or miss,,,,I am going to be safe and just use the other reveivers............Just my two cents worth!

Todd

Old 04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
gazzazh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just bought an ar500 for my pulse xt 60 , i and i have been getting the same thing ... very very wired.. it would bind, but then loses bind for no apparent reason i have been using the AR7000 and never had any issues .. i think there is something wrong with the AR500..
Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 PM
iceman0

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I believe there is issues with the ar500. Ihave two that do the same thing. One was in a new bnf pz t-28 and it crashed on the 4th flght. The other just started the problem. One is 2 months old the other is about 6 months.

I can keep going about all the problems Ihave with horizon but Im sure nobody wants to hear.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM
gazzazh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i am having the same problems with all sorts of stuff from Horizon.. I hope they can get their stuff back on track or they will lose many customers in the future..
Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
pmcderm993

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

My new AR500, bought last week, worked for one day. 2nd day it lost its bind and now I can't even rebind it. I took an older AR500 out of another plane and replaced the new faulty one. I guess I'll have to call Horizon to see what is up. Did they send out a bad batch of AR500s or what? Note: I am using a DX7 also.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:15 AM
heavy metal thunder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The binding problem with the AR500 receiver is the reason why I did not convert to them. Out of the 20 I've seen at the local flying field about 5 have had this binding problem. The rest of the 15 users don't seem to be having any problems. I use the AR7000 or AR6200 only and haven't had any problems. For the few bucks saved, I really wouldn't trust the AR500.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 AM
gazzazh

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I contacted horizon, and was told to send my AR500 for repair ( repair what, it's a brand new reciver) I have spent thousands of dollars with horizon and would have expected them to send a replacement. Very disappointed with customer service. I have friends in the UK that had similar problems with the AR500 but the customer service of horizon in the UK is much better, and the replace the item ( no question asked) which makes me wonder why the customer service in the US not the same.

Search this Thread