Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How he HECK do you use the DX6i in trainer mode/Buddy Box?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How he HECK do you use the DX6i in trainer mode/Buddy Box?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 AM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How he HECK do you use the DX6i in trainer mode/Buddy Box?

I have a DX6i, and a DX5e. I'm trying to use them in trainer mode with the 6i as the master and the 5e as the slave.

I turn on the plane,
hook up the cable to the 6i,
hook it up to the 5e
turn on power on 6i only

I've tried several different combinations as well. The only thing that happens is I can control the plane with the 6i only. I hold in the trainer switch and the 5e still does nothing AND the 6i can still control the plane

I have turned the timer option off (so it is not being hooked up to the trainer switch).

Can anyone tell me how to use it as a trainer? The manual is RIDICULOUSLY lacking in it's explanation.

Thank you
Tim
Old 03-31-2009, 03:20 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: How he HECK do you use the DX6i in trainer mode/Buddy Box?

I've done it and it's worked fine for me. You need batteries in the DX5e. Even though you don't turn the power switch on, when you plug the trainer cord into the back the DX5e turns on.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:23 PM
trpastor

I acutally got it figured out. My cord wasn't working. It was a radio shack cord. They didn't have a JR one at the hobby shop, so I bought a NEW radio shack one and THIS time it DID work!

Not sure if I should invest in the JR one. Is there really any differnce?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I just bought a cord at Radio Shack too. The only difference I see is the 90 degree angle plugs on the JR/Spektrum versions, which would help keep any tugging on the cord from pulling the plug straight out.

When I use the DX6i master DX5e slave combo, the DX5e doesn't recognize the endpoint settings or dual rates of the DX6i, it goes to 100% EPA and 100%/80% dual rates. You also have to be sure to match the trim and reverse settings on the DX5e.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM
jetmech05

I've noticed there seems to be a bunch of junk on the market when it comes to buddy boxes.....a while back we had three Futaba to JR buddy cords only one was good, I just bought a square to round adapter...it was bad...my guess bad manufacturing