Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

help - ultracote keeps peeling off

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

help - ultracote keeps peeling off

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 04:00 AM
t.mca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help - ultracote keeps peeling off

I've been flying a GB Chipmunk for a couple of seasons, and it's great in every respect except that the covering on the fin keeps losing adhesion and coming off. I have applied new covering twice, but it doesn't stick for long. I assumed that the balse may have become fuel-soaked, but the funny thing is that appears to be completely dry....

I am wondering what to do - any thoughts and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tim.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:06 AM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Try using some balsarite on the fin before you put new covering on the next time
Old 03-25-2002, 06:38 AM
Divesplat
My Feedback: (7)

You can also try using clear finger nail polish or odorless CA(wick it at the joint with very little) to help seal the covering. this works for most decals also, once they start to peel off.

ed
Old 03-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This worked for me. Clean under the area where the covering is comming loose with alchole or thinnner to remove any oil or grease. Put a very thin coat of Titebond (probably any good alyphatic glue would work) and let it dry. Put on the covering and iron it down.