Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

World Models Utlimate 30 BiPlane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

World Models Utlimate 30 BiPlane

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 06:05 PM
happyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models Utlimate 30 BiPlane

Hi Guys,

I'm new (ish) to model flying. Ok with the flying, but not setting the plane up beforehand.

I've just bought a World Models Utlimate 30 biplane which has a Irvine 40 engine in it, useing a 10*7 APC prop. I am having balancing problem with it.
On the ground everything is balanced (with a lot of lead in the front!), and the wings are in perfect balance.

Take off is not problem on a tarmac runway, but once in the air the problems start. It fly's OK, very quick, inverts well and normal flying is good, but it will not loop, it tends to go over the right wing when I try, also the elevator seems really sensitive, pitching the nose up and then into a spin. Landings are hard, first to lose the speed and get it stable at slower speeds. And it has a tendency to crab to the left, making tarmac landing hard, so far I've not had the confidence to try, just landed on grass.

Thank you and Kind Regards
Old 06-08-2003, 03:43 AM
slapshot
My Feedback: (15)

Flash, I fly my WM Ultimate 30 with a OS32. I did not need any nose weight, the CG came out ok. I did have a problem with the top wing not staying tight, poor glue joint, this will cause a really exciting flight. Once I got that problem fixed the plane is a lot of fun to fly.

Slapshot
Old 06-08-2003, 12:00 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The flight characteristics make me think it might still be tail heavy. Do you need much elevator when inverted?

The falling out of loops, and elevator sensitivity lead me to believe you have too much elevator throw too. Almost any plane will snap out of a loop with too much elevator. It's called a high speed stall.
Dennis-
Old 06-16-2003, 08:35 AM
happyal

Default Crash

Hi Guys,

I crashed my WM Ultimate 30 at the weekend. I made the changes that you all suggested and the plane was running great. I had the C of G perfect, the wings in balance and everything was running well.

I took off with out and problems and flew a few circuits to make sure everything was OK, which it was. Then I tried a few rolls and loops and again everything was good. So I thought it was time to land to refuel and go again. I moved in to my landing circuit by making a long left turn, at just under half throttle, this is when it suddenly snapped to the right and went into a dive and crashed.

I still don't now why, I had enough speed to do the turn, I was gentle on the sticks, it was only a shallow turn, everything was working great and it just fell out of the air. Can anyone suggest reasons why this happened because I'm really puzzled?