Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help! I messed up

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help! I messed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I messed up

Hey guys - I bought the aero works extra 260 60-90. Great looking plane, I think I'm going to love it.

BUT I messed up on the stab installation. You can see in the picture here

http://www.aero-works.net/store/imag...60_large17.jpg

that the stab AND elevator go in a slot together. Do do this, you are supposed to put the elvator in first, and push it back to make room for the stab. Then epoxy and insert the stab.

I put the stab in first. I got it out in time to wipe off, but on the wood, it did not wipe off of course. It soaks in quickly. Should I try to sand the stab, and the inside of the fuselage a little before reapplying and installing?

ALSO - I think I may go with 2 mini servos in the back (they have a slot precut for it). If I do this, should I cut the elevator in half ANYWAY (which means it wouldn't have mattered that I put the stab in first so that they have independent trimming?

Thanks!
Tim
Old 04-19-2009, 03:28 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Help! I messed up

I have rebuilt airplanes before where the tail was the only thing to survive a crash. I would order a new fuselage and just get the old tail feathers out, sand them with a dremel back down to the wood (through the epoxy) and then just do it like normal. I think your situation will be similar, especially since you noticed your mistake and got it out quickly. Sand it down and you should be good. I am not sure what to do with the to micro servos and seperate elevators. Good luck
Old 04-19-2009, 04:05 PM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so that leaves me with only the one question then

If I go with Dual elevator halves, should I cut the elevator in half? Is there a big advantage to having 2 halves or will it be fine with one?

Thanks
TIm
Old 04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It will be fine with one. If you go with two, you'll need to reverse one of the servos which can be a bit of a pain.

But if you DO go with two, definitely cut the elevator into two halves