Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

info on this old saito

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

info on this old saito

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Dieselman1220
My Feedback: (25)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default info on this old saito

I recently made a purchase and the included engine was this saito fa120. From my limited research this seems to be the older version of the
fa 120s. Previous owner had just gotten it back from horizon with a fresh overhaul and said i need to break it in. Anyway I know nothing about
4 strokes are the specs on this engine comparable to the 120s? im really eyeing a seagull models 60 size edge 540 and would love to stick this thing there
you think it would be worth it? Is this engine worth keeping around or should get rid of it and go with the updated version. As soon as i get my stand build
I plan on throwing this on there and run it in. Oh BTW it seems like there is only a high speed needle, and appears to have a choke.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90292.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1189210   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91822.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1189211  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:17 PM
WCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: info on this old saito

Very good engine! They produce as much power as the newer 120 but may be slightly heavier due to the old style muffler. I had the Seagull 60 size Edge with a Saito 100 several years ago and it flew great. It seems like it was on the tail heavy side even with the 100 so you might come out alright using a 120. The only problem I foresee is with prop clearance You may have to use a taller landing gear. Good luck with it.
wcb