Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dual Rx battery question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dual Rx battery question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 02:20 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Rx battery question

Ok I would like to run two battery one for my rudder , elevator , and throttle , and a separate battery for the retracts (lado electric) I would like to run a separate switch for each battery as well , I am just not sure how to set this up , can anyone point my in the right direction ?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: Dual Rx battery question

why don't you just get a retract servo. with those servos when something goes wrong the servo quits saving the rest of the system, a separate battery system would be more than the additional cost of the servo no to mention allot heavier.

redundancy I can see but it sound like your worried about the retract system taking down your plane.

to do what your asking.

look at he pin tabs on the servo connection. you very carefully stick a jewelery screw driver or something similarly small and carefully lift the plastic tab and gently pull the connecting pin out. Get a 6 inch extension or some other connector your not using and put the now exposed black and red connector pins in that connector referencing the original connector for which hole to pop it into.. you can now get another switch and battery and plug that servo into it. leave the white or yellow wire in the original connector and connect that to the receiver, double check when you plug in the connector to the receiver it is the right orientation. Do not reverse polarity on the battery you will destroy the servo.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To run only the retracts from the second battery, it is easy. Just run the second battery to the positive and negative wires on the retract servo (though a switch of course) and then connect the negative wire and signal wire of the servo to the receiver ground and signal line on the retract channel. The ground (negative or black wire) will be common to both the second battery and the original battery. Only the retract servo's positive lead will be connected to the second battery's positive terminal through that added switch.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:50 PM
ZERO-322

Guys there is no retract servo , the retracts I am running are Lado electric retracts , they plug directly into the reciever off a Y harness what I am looking to do is run a battery and a separate switch for them but am not sure how to put it all together
Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
ZERO-322

here is the link for the retracts I am using www.Ladotechnologiescom
Old 05-15-2009, 03:50 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

this is the way to do it... instead of a "servo" you plug the retact(s)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97241.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1198826  
Old 05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
ZERO-322

thanks allot the diagram really helps , but why do you remove the red wire ? what would happen if I didn't ? would it still work ?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:20 AM
vasek

you have to remove the red wire (or just cut it in one place) to obtain two different "battery" circuits for the two batteries

if you do not cut the red wire in the shown circuit location you could drain both batteries with a "stuck" retract(s)

if you cut the wire, only the 4.8 retract battery could be drained by the reracts thus the other battery stays charged for the Rx and all other servos in the plane
Old 05-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A very neat sketch Vasek, that is what I tried to describe in words in post #3 above.  One more bit of info, you must charge each battery seperately as well, you cannot charge Nixx batteries in parallel.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
ZERO-322

Ok I'm sorry but now I am confused more so then I was before , you guys keep refering to a retract servo , there is none the retratc I am using plug together via Y harness directly into the gear slot on the Rx .....its an electric retract no servo or air etc needed ..........I guess what I want to know is can I run and charge two separate battery on two switchs but plug into the reiciver via Y harness or would I go directly into an open slot for the second battery ? can it be done this way ?
Old 05-17-2009, 02:40 AM
vasek

ORIGINAL: vasek

this is the way to do it... instead of a "servo" you plug the retact(s)