Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Flight Stabilization systems

Old 06-19-2003, 11:29 AM
bootlegr

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Flight Stabilization systems

Building a Flyin' King , and I would like to put in a Flight Stabilization system in it. Anybody have any suggestions. How it that FMA unit? is it reliable???? Maybe a gyro??? need some help with this one.
bootlegr
Old 06-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Spaceclam

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What the fma copilot thing does is bring your plane back to center when you center the sticks. That means that it will not correct on top of the control imputs. All it does is fly the plane for you.

Get the futaba gya350. It has both heading hold and smm rate. I have mine o a 3 way switch so that i can put it on heading hold for takeoff (i have a taildragger swinging a huge prop) and hovers. If it is windy i will put it on rate for general flying and landing. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXF87&P=0
Old 06-19-2003, 09:36 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by Spaceclam
What the fma copilot thing does is bring your plane back to center when you center the sticks. That means that it will not correct on top of the control imputs. All it does is fly the plane for you.

Which is exactly what you want it to do for an aircraft like the Flying King, thats why its called an autopilot (Iron Mike if you will).

John in years past I had the opportunity to do some flying with an aircraft equipped with the old Israli built BTA auto pilot and just recently the FMA unit and found both to have been delightful and the performance has got me convinced to order two, one for my cross country airplane and another for a nightflyer.

John