Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Exhaust pipe for OS 120 surpass

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Exhaust pipe for OS 120 surpass

Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 PM
George101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust pipe for OS 120 surpass

Anyone know where I can get an exhaust pipe for a OS 120 surpass(not muffler,just pipe).
Thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 03:21 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust pipe for OS 120 surpass

Call Tower Hobbies.      ENJOY   !!!   RED  
Old 06-04-2009, 04:39 PM
George101

Ordered one from tower and got a short header. The pipe pictured is no longer made, said there are going to remove it..
Old 06-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can still ge tthe flex pipe but that tends to break. I have some of the old header pipes that I have used to make up my own pipes.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 PM
George101

I know about the flex cracking, how do you make the pipe from header?
thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you go into a web site from someone like Central Hobbies you will find all kinds of cool stuff but it is mostly for YS. However, a lot of this cool stuff can be used for making your own stuff. Teflon Header Tubes, elbows, silicon header tubes, can mufflers. I just let my fingers do the walking and look and think. A little JB weld and some of those really cool broken flex pipe/headers. Hardware store stuff like gas flex lines for heaters and stuff. A bit of copper pipe and some brazing rod or silver solder.
This is a hobby that you have to invent a lot of your own stuff. Imake up my headers as needed for each plane Ibuild. Most the time stock works out just fine but sometimes they just look and sound better with hidden headers inside a cowl.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
George101

Thanks Gray Beard guess I'll be doing some inventing.
ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

If you go into a web site from someone like Central Hobbies you will find all kinds of cool stuff but it is mostly for YS. However, a lot of this cool stuff can be used for making your own stuff. Teflon Header Tubes, elbows, silicon header tubes, can mufflers. I just let my fingers do the walking and look and think. A little JB weld and some of those really cool broken flex pipe/headers. Hardware store stuff like gas flex lines for heaters and stuff. A bit of copper pipe and some brazing rod or silver solder.
This is a hobby that you have to invent a lot of your own stuff. Imake up my headers as needed for each plane Ibuild. Most the time stock works out just fine but sometimes they just look and sound better with hidden headers inside a cowl.