Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

storning airplanes in the garage

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

storning airplanes in the garage

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 02:37 PM
dschroeder
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storning airplanes in the garage

I live in the midwest, and have started to leave airplanes in the trailer (in the attatched garage) with the humidity changes and temp changes should I take the airplanes inside after flying every weekend (usually fly a few times a month) or should they be fine sitting out in the garage? Dosen't get terribly hot out there, the humidity was my main concern

Old 06-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: storning airplanes in the garage

dschroeder,

They will be fine in your trailer. I leave mine in the garage all summer and winter long with the doors shut and it doesn't bother them at all. Now if the trailer was setting outside in the hot sun thatmight be a problem.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Idon't have a humidity problem myself but my friend in NY does and leaves his planes hanging in his detached garage during summer and winter without any warping problems. I always wondered about it myself but he says they are fine.
My other thinking was the engines getting rusted but all he does is run the engines dry at the end of the day. Not sure if he used after run for them during the winter or not??
Old 06-14-2009, 05:45 PM
jetmech05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't get much more humid than it does here in Florida....100 degrees ain't uncommon...I keep my airplanes in the garage....just run the engines dry at the end of a flight day...you'll have no problems...Good Flyin to all
Old 06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem here just north of Tampa. I was just commenting to my wife today about my "poor" airplanes suffering out in the garage. I have about five flyable planes(batteries, electronics, etc.) out there. I am not as lucky as one of my club members whose wife allows his planes on the dinning room table. Were I single, they would be in the bedroom. But then, were I single, I would probably be eating at Wendy's a lot more often.