Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Moki 2.1 in a Big 85"Bingo?

Old 06-22-2003, 01:49 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Moki 2.1 in a Big 85"Bingo?

The 16 lb, 85" Big bingo plans show an old Italian Supertigre 3000 in it. I'm thinking of putting a 2.1 Moki in it.

If you know about the performance of the 85" big Bingo on the original Supertigre 3000, I'd like to hear how the plane flew. I can only guess that the Moki should only provide that much more performance. Im still debating building the Big Bingo or a 79" Great Planes Spacewalker ARF with a .75 engine, and am trying to sort out the facts to decide which one. If I'm told that a Moki in the Big Bingo isn't all tha much more a grande and fun plane for the 3 months of building, than why bother!?
Old 06-23-2003, 02:30 AM
rustyrivet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well guys, decided to rescue myself instead of waiting for the troops to respond.

The SEARCH indicates a Moki 2.1would be a descent engine, and preferable over a Supertigre. Of course a G62 would be stronger

If anybody knows how this plane would perform compared to a GreatPlanes ARF Spacewalker, and which would be more fun to fly, feel free to chime in. I'm not going to find that particular issue answered in the SEARCH!

I will say that I hope the Bingo should get a favorable input in comparing it to the spacewalker. After all, it's going to take a lot more time and effort of me to construct it compared to the Spacewalker ARF.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:34 PM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I may be able to help some. Built the Big Bingo when it first came out , it was my first large plane & I thought they were all built like a truck! Took me a week to ten days to get mine in the air , powered with a OS Gemini II ,120. Flew it fair but you had to plan ahead what you were going to do , had LOTS of lead in nose + on-board glow. Figured that to get rid of lead why not use an engine instead . Only thing in stable at that time was a Quadra 50. Put it in & really had fun then , later even put a pipe on it to impress the troops more. The only things I can see against the Moki powered one is the time you say it is going to take you to build it & I think you to are going to need a lot of LEAD also . I would think the Spacewalker ARF would get you in the air quicker with a much more enjoyable plane . I am not a ARF lover but they sure are getting better both in construction & price. Final weight on my Bingo was 21 pounds. Good luck ! MAX H.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:21 PM
BingoFlyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Saw a "Big Bingo" with a Moki 1.8 at our field in Florida, it seemed to fly very well. Talked to the pilot and he said plane weighed 16 lbs. he replaced wood in the vertical stab but everything else was stock, he placed receiver battery under the tank and had the servos froward.

My "Bingo" is the original 71-1/2" WS and is powered with an OS.91 Surpass and required no additional weight and has near unlimited vertical, I have not weighed it but would guess at around 7 lbs.

I like the Bingo because I'm usually the only one at most fields flying one. I have built three, sold one, crashed one and am still flying the other (all built from RCM plans).
Old 06-26-2003, 01:27 AM
Russman
My Feedback: (12)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Big Bingo is like all of the other Bingos;a very solid and honest plane. I have built and flown the Bingo 40,Bingo 60 and the Big Bingo. I originally powered my Big Bingo with a Quadra 35. The plane flew well but was not a powerhouse. About that time I was building a Midwest Extra 300 and had purchased a Moki 1.8 for it. I decided to mount the Moki on the Bingo to break it in while I built the Extra. The Moki really made the Bingo turn on. The 1.8 on the Bingo was excellent. The 2.1 could only be better! Go for it!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:21 AM
rustyrivet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well guys,

I've just go to build! And putting together an ARF Spacewalker just isn't going to be enough buildin for me.(Though that $190 price tag is enticing)I want this Big Bingo to look good and the engine to fit and look good in the nose with some carved wood around it, so I guess the $300 Moki 2.1 will do that a lot better then an exposed lawn mower engine could do. The good looking gas engines cost about twice as much. $600 is too much $$$ for my blood. (At least for a simple Big Bingo it is.)

Big Max, the least time I can spend building a plane is about 3 months. That's going to be a vacation after working on my current scratch 89.75" Astro Hog for 16 months. (Getting Done!!!)

And Bingo Flyer, you're right. Isn't it nice being the only guy at the field with a big 85" racy looking "What's that!?"

Yea Russ! May not go total vertical with a Moki 2.1, but it's still going to be smokin ain't it?!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 04:05 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It can be built a lot lighter with some creative thought. Good place to start is the "water pipe" leading edge. Good luck on your project & I'm like you , more fun to build ! MAX H.
Old 07-13-2003, 04:00 AM
Bryces
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default big bingo

I was out flying my big bingo today and i really enjoy this airplane. I have a us 41 engine on it and flies it strong,no unlimited verticle here,but does fly it well. It weighs approx. 18lbs. I found out if you power out early from a dive it will get into a pretty good tail flutter. Powered back and came out of flutter,landed and found no prob. This plane will do a lot of tricks and slow to a crawl on landing, has a slight wobble just before it tip stalls, usually just falls first then predictable tip stall. Always gets attention and good comments. Has a covered top cowl to 4'' spinner and engine is inverted. If I could bring myself to it I would probably install a BIG 4 stroke because it deserves the torque and sound. Torque rolls would be cool with this plane. Build it ,fly it, you"ll enjoy. Find youself high torque servos and overpower it and have some fun!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 04:12 AM
Bryces
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default big bingo

I was out flying my big bingo today and i really enjoy this airplane. I have a us 41 engine on it and flies it strong,no unlimited verticle here,but does fly it well. It weighs approx. 18lbs. I found out if you power out early from a dive it will get into a pretty good tail flutter. Powered back and came out of flutter,landed and found no prob. This plane will do a lot of tricks and slow to a crawl on landing, has a slight wobble just before it tip stalls, usually just falls first then predictable tip stall. Always gets attention and good comments. Has a covered top cowl to 4'' spinner and engine is inverted. If I could bring myself to it I would probably install a BIG 4 stroke because it deserves the torque and sound. Torque rolls would be cool with this plane. Build it ,fly it, you"ll enjoy. Find youself high torque servos and overpower it and have some fun!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Tall Paul

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a kit of the Big Bingo... Waay too much 'lite ply". When (if) I build it, there's gonna be a lot of 1/8" balsa especially in the wing.