Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Flying in NY

Old 06-20-2009, 01:19 PM
_kyle_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flying in NY

Hey, my name is Kyle and I am living in Schenectady, NY at Union College. I was wondering if anybody on here does any flying around here? I apologize if this is the incorrect forum to ask this. So far I have just been flying my trainer which Iam pretty sure Ican fly on campus. (Ihave so far just been flying at home in Maine). I'm planning on purchasing a new plane (leaning toward sport) and Iwas looking for a nice place to fly and perhaps have some company? Just curious to see if anyone else was flying in the area.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:00 AM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Flying in NY

Check out the Hanger 9 Pulse for a second plane. Flys well, nice sport aerobatics, split wing for transport...and looks cool. Make sure that you really do actually know how to fly your trainer well before moving on. Check the AMA website for a club in the area. That would be the best bet. Chances are they will not allow you to fly on campus if they catch you doing it. Its a liability.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM
_kyle_

Thank you very much ro. The Pulse looks like what I am looking for. I was also looking at a couple of the Great Planes sport models. I'm hoping to find the Hanger 9 in a hobby shop.Unfortunately the shop around here only sells "learn to fly" planes. I may end up just buying online. Do you recommend any websites? I usually just go to Tower. Thanks a lot for the advice!
Old 06-24-2009, 06:42 AM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.gravesrc.com/category_s/106.htm