Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

how can an 52cc be this cheap?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

how can an 52cc be this cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
costarican_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how can an 52cc be this cheap?

dont buy it please.... there is just 4 in stock and i will get my order my tomorow.! lol does any one have try this engine?
52cc Gas engine w/ CD-Ignition 3.2kw+ Overbore
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s....2kw+_Overbore ?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: how can an 52cc be this cheap?

You're going to use a $169 52cc engine to 3D? Both the orders I've done with Hobby City took about 5 to 6 weeks to get to me. I wont be ordering from them again.
Edwin
Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 PM
victorzamora

Just be sure to have it shipped EMS and you'll get it before the end of the millenium.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had a plane to put it in, I would get it. I do have a 65" Pitts but that is a little big for it.

I have a half dozen orders from HC and all took less then a week. Deal extreme was 6 weeks. n If you pick EMS and it is in stock, they ship pretty fast.

Dru.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Edwin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What shipping method did you chose? Expidite? I used normal and both times the item shipped two weeks after I placed the order.
Edwin
Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
costarican_pilot

$162! for 3d! lol you never know.. we can get sorprise when my engine arives!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:35 PM
ZERO-322

OK Guys shipping aside......... I have never seen this engine does anyone have any first hand experience with it for $169.00 that is a GREAT PRICE ! for a 52 cc gas engine I would buy it for the price alone providing it was a decent engine , can anyone shed some light on the subject ?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:45 PM
costarican_pilot

never i know they dont have to much power , the power they have is the same as a one from 35ccto 45cc
Old 07-10-2009, 11:44 PM
costarican_pilot

i dint make my oder the dam thing is sold out
Old 07-11-2009, 12:01 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I purchased two. One for myself and one for a buddy. Have had them in hand for a while now and up to this point have no complants.

Shipping took about four weeks and it appears the biggest hangup occured in a a SFO customs warehouse. The wait was worth it and no big issue.

I have not installed it or run it yet. In box it appears to be of good quality.

Another local also purchased one and has ground run it but not flown yet and he is quite tickled with it.

If it turns out to be a clinker well then its no big deal and if it turns into something useful well then good on me.

John
Old 07-11-2009, 08:12 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How can any manufactured item be cheaper than the average?

Cheaper raw materials.
Cheaper workers.
Cheaper design costs.
Cheaper development costs.
Cheaper support.

Steal or copy an existing design. Make it with whatever cheap metal looks like it'll do. Don't waste time tuning the finished product, let the customer deal with that. After all, they shouldn't buy something they don't know how to operate. Don't worry about improving your product. After all, when better products show up they're just as easy to copy as your original. Let the other mfg's spend time and money developing better stuff, those costs just increase the price of their products and make your prices look even better. Don't spend time helping your customers after the sale. That just takes away from your production time.

If your product looks like the competition, it'll sell like the competition. It'll take most customers time to discover they bought cheap and got cheap. Change the company name and all that baggage is left behind.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 AM
da Rock

Every purchase is a gamble. The best mfg's engines are a gamble just like the cheapest are a gamble. The odds change with the price, usually. The odds certainly change with the reputation of the mfg and how long they've been making those products.

The odds of an engine from someone like OS or Saito giving you trouble of ANY kind, or it not performing well are slim. And if you do have a problem, the odds are good the mfg will make it right. The price you pay for stuff from mfgs like that sort of guarantee you pretty good odds of buying a decent, trouble free, guaranteed product. They're good gambles, if they're gambles at all.

Go down in price and the odds go up.

Are there good cheap gambles? Yup. And word of mouth often tells you where they are. Jump on 'em when you find 'em but watch out. But don't plan on their being around very long.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:40 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I have to disagree with that. Buy from a reputable manufacturer and a reputable distributor and you are guaranteed a good product. It occasionally doesn't happen on the first try, but it will happen. Buy from unethical people and it may work out and it may not.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:12 AM
da Rock

Hey, the engine in question is what???? less than half the price of the average for that size engine?

OK, maybe it will be as powerful and last as long and be trouble free as those that've been around awhile. Maybe the seller isn't making a normal profit margin, so most of the price is going into the cost of production. Maybe.........

Heck, it is a giveaway price. Too cheap to be possible???? Jeez....... maybe not......... maybe so............

You spends yo' money and you takes yo' chances, right.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:07 PM
ChuckW

Talked to a couple people at the field this morning who bought these. They claim to be very impressed considering the low cost. Time will tell how they hold up. You definitely will give up good service & support for a low price. It is a personal decision you have to make for yourself. I prefer strong service but that's just me. Do what you like and have fun.