Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Used Zenoah G-62 for $100.00???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Used Zenoah G-62 for $100.00???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:01 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Used Zenoah G-62 for $100.00???

One of my flying friends bought a Hotts with a G-62 in it for power at our Club auction for $50.00 but doesn't fly gas. I offered him $100.00 for the engine. He said I could have the whole thing for $100.00. He said he doen't know if it runs but it hasn't been crashed and has been in the same model since new. At least thats what he was told. He told me if I wanted it I could pick it up and clean everything and see if it runs. Then pay him!!! It has a 2 blade prop so it wouldn't cost me anything but the gas and oil. What do you think? If it runs should I buy it?

Barry
www.canopyrailsforwarbirds.com
Old 07-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Used Zenoah G-62 for $100.00???

You bet!!!! I picked up one in a trade and after I put in a new carb kit it is another great Zenoah. I ended up putting on a spring starter on mine and it just takes a real wet choke and one twist and flip then remove the choke and one more twist and flip to get it started.
This was my first Zenoah in years and now I remember why I like them so much. I'm told it's not the same power as something like the DA but my 30% Extra doesn't know the DA was removed and replaced with a Zenoah. I wouldn't mind having another one!!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:56 PM
NCIS

I'm sure it will need a carb kit because it has been sitting for awhile. How difficult is it to do it? Can I get an instruction manual with the kit?

Barry/Gibbs
Old 07-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Gray Beard

It's so simple a monkey can do it. I picked up my kit at a local lawn mower shop, it's a big shop though and they have a pretty good selection for parts. Just a couple of bucks and the new ones are designed for use with the alcohol in our gas that most places are selling these days. Instructions come with the kit but if you look at the Walbro site they have blow ups of there carbs with part numbers. It will probably be a Walbro HDA 48D carb number.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
NCIS

Thanks Gray Beard,

I will pick it up from him and buy the kit and check it out. I know it turns over and has good compression so she should be good enough for my TF Giant Scale Corsair. I like them in a Corsair because they are heavy and that means less weight added up front to balance it.

Barry/Gibbs
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Gray Beard

If you don't like it send it my way!! I have some plans for a couple of planes that it would fit in very well!!!! Mater of fact, one of them is the giant Hots!! One of my favorite planes to fly.